Happy bday to me

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennikate

Reaction score
Ok I know this is the soap forum so hers how it ties in. My dad called and asked me what I wanted I told him a digital scale for more accurate measuring. Boy did he deliver. I want to start a batch now but its to late so tomorrow will be madien voyage. grams oz lb& oz kg tare button. Nice big platform to put oil on. l cant wait.

party_13.gif

Happy Birthday and congrats on the pressie. I'd be stoked too. :wink:

Happy Birthday.........and may you have many safe soaping years ahead of you.

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING beats having good soaping tools.

If you place your scale inside a large, clear plastic bag you will save yourself the hassle of cleaning any little oil spills off the scale and instrumentation. Simply replace the bag when it becomes too messy.

debsmad said:
Happy Birthday! :)

I love my little scale except for one thing: it shuts itself off too soon. If I'm still digging around in something (like coconut oil) and my partial amount it sitting on the scale too long, it shuts off and I lose my measurement. *sigh*

Same here Deb. I have an identical container that I can use to re-set the scale with so I can continue weighing out without starting over.

Always keep a copy of your measuring container around. For example if you use a measuring cup, have two exactly alike. This way when the scale shuts off you can reset the tare with it then put the partially filled cup back in place and continue. For things that come in tubs like lard and CO keep an extra lid around and use the lid as a weighing container.

It's amazing how easily we are excited, huh? (like one of the happiest days I've had in my adult years is when I discovered they carried LYE at Lowes, lol!)

Happy Birthday!!!

Back