Great new mould liner!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welsh black

Reaction score
Seen some posts on using Mylar and other things for lining moulds. This is a job that I really hate, so I bought some foam sheets, in the uk they are called funky foam and come in A4 and a3 sizes.

I marked the size I wanted from a paper template and cut the liner. It's worked great! Soap which was a bit on the soft side came out ,VERY EASILY !! Only issue I had that my pen mark transferred onto the soap, so my next one I will be using a pencil perhaps and rum it out before I use..

I made some neem soap, which has an ineresting smell! Added madder infused oil, but the colour isn't great, not sure if the madder was to blame or I just didn't put enough in the batter, added some saffron at trace, but I think these will go brown.

image.jpg

Here is a photo of the cut soaps, not so red as liked and the saffron is not as obvious either. Forgot to say that I did not tape the ends down , just folded over, the batter was at light trace and did not seep out of ends.

image.jpg

Seen some posts on using Mylar and other things for lining moulds. This is a job that I really hate, so I bought some foam sheets, in the uk they are called funky foam and come in A4 and a3 sizes.

I marked the size I wanted from a paper template and cut the liner. It's worked great! Soap which was a bit on the soft side came out ,VERY EASILY !! Only issue I had that my pen mark transferred onto the soap, so my next one I will be using a pencil perhaps and rum it out before I use..

I made some neem soap, which has an ineresting smell! Added madder infused oil, but the colour isn't great, not sure if the madder was to blame or I just didn't put enough in the batter, added some saffron at trace, but I think these will go brown.

Welsh Black - do you think your 'funky foam' liners will be reuseable? From your photo it looks like they will, but I'd rather ask your opinion, as I had never heard of the stuff before reading your post :)
(Your soap looks fabulous, by the way :))

I've not made myself a wooden loaf mould as yet purely due to the lining issue - I've only been able to source freezer paper by mail order in my part of the UK, and it's rather costly; ditto the DIY silicone options.
Funky foam though, if it is reuseable and therefore cost effective, would be a great solution :)

Last edited:
Well, I've made 2 batches out of the same liner, just wiped it down after use. Making another batch today, so I will let you know how long they last.(perhaps someone else has used these and they don't last long,,and all my excitement will be for nothing)' but these sheets are not expensive, easy to cut and fix in mould. Better than that paper, which drives me crazy!!!

Latest posts

Back