Grawr! School issues...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleine Teufel

Reaction score
So, I've never posted here and many don't really know about my personal life, but I've just had it up to here *raises hand high above head* with school. I had been in honors all year, with two months left to go, and the school dismissed me from the program, supposedly for swearing. They have no documentation of it and no details of the supposed incident. I did swear once before at the school, and was written up for it. I wrote a letter to the president and superintendent of records and got one back from the SoI saying that it was obviously a case of much broader "non-professional" behavior... Because I swore once in the bathroom at school back in November?! The president has to have a meeting with me, according to the handbook. However, the school was definately just trying to get me out, because they have no record of this supposed incident, and when I pulled out my fancy little letter saying that I wanted them as per previous verbal requests, the secretary called me back and told me that the coordinator of the program was running through the handbook to see if she had to give me any records. I told them the page number (under FERPA, they are required to give me any records), and then I heard the coordinator in the background saying "yeah it's right there, go ahead and give her the records because she won't get anywhere with this". Once I picked up my records, there was absolutely no record or documentation of this incident, only the incident back in November, plus one because the cuff of my pants had gotten dirty on my way to clinicals one day (rainy and the pants are all too long and, get this, WHITE). So, now I'm fuming. I had two months left, and they pull this crap?! MOST of the instructors (3 out of 4) have only nice things to say about me. One, however, has written me up for anything she could possibly write me up for (dirty pants, swearing once, and I believe she's behind this as well). My evaluation looks like I have split personality disorder. One sentence will say that I have done the most research and have the best recall of any other student, then the next sentence says that I basically can't recall anything... I'm just so irritated that they can actually look at the whole picture, see that this instructor is hated by every student in the school and many students from up to 20 years ago, see that she tells a completely different story from the other instructors and even staff at the hospital, and say that *I* am the problem!

Yikes! :shock: What school are you going to? I understand the need for a certain level of order and discipline, but goodness gracious- talk about "straining at a gnat"! A dirty cuff on white pants on a rainy day? A swear word spoken in the privacy of a bathroom once? You rebel, you!

IrishLass :)

I'd be furious, too. Is there an advocate at this school you can talk with about this situation? If not, you might want to seek legal counsel.

Lol, right? I'm such a badarse. :roll: Ah well, I don't wish to continue going to a school that advocates instructors who take pride in students being afraid of her (and kicks those out who are not). I'm still fighting it though, tooth and claw. At least I want a recommendation to the next school!

Nope. Schools like this have an "Advanced Placement" thing set up. The year is broken into four quarters, and I was booted between three and four, so I can start again at level four. :)

It's good that you don't have to start all over. I still think you need to talk to someone since it sounds like you're being discriminated against by one instructor.

Is there another school near you?

Latest posts

Back