Goats Milk Soap and Aloe Soap! SCORE!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinak

Reaction score
So far, so good. As you all know...I only wait at least 8 hrs. to unmold my soap so I got my butt in gear early so I could make and unmold these the same day! Woo hoo! I had them gellin at 1 and unmolded at 11.

The brown one is goat milk and has creamy praline and coconut milk fo. It has coffee grounds to color and gently exfoliate.

The opaque colored one is my aloe soap with island nectar fo. It smells and looks wonderful! :thumbup:

creamy-praline-and-coconut-milk.jpg

island-nectar.jpg

Lovin the coffee soap! Sounds delicious. I've been wanting to do an aloe vera soap. How do you add yours and how much?

What form was the aloe in? I have seen straight up jelly from the plant and aloe vera juice and I have also seen gel too. Im not sure which kinds work best or if there is a special place to get them....

What form was the aloe in? I have seen straight up jelly from the plant and aloe vera juice and I have also seen gel too. Im not sure which kinds work best or if there is a special place to get them....

I bought aloe juice from Walmart in the supplement section. It is like 98% pure juice. I am sure you can find 100% pure juice. Anyways, I used it as a full water substitute for my lye/water mixture. I just put the juice in the fridge overnight so it would be cold when I added the lye to it.

This is a pic of 1 of my aloe bars.

Aloe Amazingly Grace 001.jpg

They look amazing! I like the added interest the coffee grounds add & putting aloe in the other bars sounds like it will be amazing to use. They turned out great!

I used aloe gel (what I could find here) in a goats milk soap at 70 g in 40 oz of oils, then made another with 30 g in 40 oz batch. Curing both but the goats milk is lovely already so can't wait to try.

I bought gel...it was either from BB or Bulk Apoth. I can't remember...but it came out of the bottle totally liquid.

Wow, these are both lovely! I like the accents from the coffee in the first one, and the colors and gentle swirls in the second one! Well done!

Latest posts

Back