Goat Milk and Beer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinak

Reaction score
I don't usually use these ingredients...I made some quite a while back but it was powered milk. I just got some evaporated goats milk and it says to make whipped cream don't dilute it but to sub for milk in a recipe use equal parts of water with it. Can I just dilute it and freeze them in cubes to use when needed? How do I sub that into a recipe? Same question for the beer.

Thanks for the help!

Ok, I just read some things and think this is what I will do....hopefully I am understanding it correctly!

I'm going to subtract half the water that gets mixed in the lye (so if it's 10 oz, I will mix 5 oz with the lye) and then mix that with my oils as usual. I will add the 5 oz. of goats milk without dilution at trace. Sound like a plan?

The first part of your question - can you freeze it into cubes and just use when ready is yes for both beer and milk, however, I use fresh from the goat milk, so have no idea how to incorporate powdered, condensed or any other type of milk.

ETA : Looks like you found your answer anyway. :)

thanks jc. Do you think I can do the same thing with the beer as the milk? Use it flat at room temp at 1/2 the amount of water and pour it into the oils and lye mixture at trace? I don't really want to mess around with freezing it.

thanks jc. Do you think I can do the same thing with the beer as the milk? Use it flat at room temp at 1/2 the amount of water and pour it into the oils and lye mixture at trace? I don't really want to mess around with freezing it.

that's where it can get tricky. Beer is a notorious overheater, and by having it frozen, that's where it NOT overheating, or not getting a volcano comes into play.
I've never done it the way you are asking, and myself, I wouldn't chance it because my method works so well for me, however, you can always experiment, and let us know your results! :)

I have used this method and it worked like a charm! only thing i did different was adding the beer to my oils first, mixed well and then added in the lye water.

Well I made the goats milk soap today and scented it with creamy praline and coconut milk, I added coffee grounds. It smells like heaven so hopefully it will unmold nicely :) I'm excited!

Latest posts

Back