Gardener's soap + lightbox

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
Here's my soap. The swirls didn't come through. I think I need to make the layers thicker. It's got a lot of ash on the top

IMG_3179.jpg

And here's the lightbox (excuse the mess in the back. My brother in law is moving in and my table is where his clothes belong right now. lol

IMG_3181.jpg

I think your soap looks wonderful , and the lightbox wow , you did a great job on it . They are the way to go for nice pics for sure . ( I need to build me one ).

Kitn

i think your swirls look great, Rosey!

what makes a soap gardeners soap, though? i've heard of it, but don't understand

Gorgeous!

Thanks for posting the pic of your light box too. Now I am pretty sure mine is too small and maybe that's why I'm having the lighting issues. My soaps pretty much take up all the space in the box, but your box is way bigger. Looks like I need to go out and get a new box!!! ;)

Oh, and is your light only coming in from the top of the box? I had my lamps on the side.... I wonder if it would work better from the top!

Rosey: Your soaps are beautiful, I love the swirl, the color and the square thick cut. Is that pink clay? Very, very pretty!

you guys are so sweet!

Bnky, it's red kaolin clay. I didn't put too much. I've been experimenting with the different shades you can get with different amounts. I am going to try to mix white and red one day though.

And Ashley: yeah I used a huge box. I figured I should make it big enough for a loaf or something. The only other boxes I had were way too small so it was either make one that was too small or make a big one and since I didn't want to do it again, I made the big one. And the light was only from the top. I didn't want to move my spot light at the time and I don't have desk lamps for it either.

those swirls are great! They are so natural looking. that's so cool that you made a light box too.

Those are really pretty and great swirls! Sometimes ash can look pretty.

Latest posts

Back