Fragrance Separating From Batch.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egirlxx7

Reaction score
I thought I was just tired...

I was making a batch of cupcakes and using a new fragrance from NG. The batter set for a while then I began to pipe, and the fragrance started to leak out of the piping bag. I though I was tired, so I figured I'd go at it again today. Well the same thing happened. - This was not false trace.

This time however, the fragrance was added right off the bat to the oils and I made sure I mixed to a heavy trace, and waited for the batter to set up a bit so I could pipe.
But the batter started to get kinda rubbery and the liquid just seeped out into the bowl.

I have never had this happen with any other NG fragrance. I was using the fragrance "Bite Me"

Has anyone else had anything like this happen with any fragrance?

I've soaped with it just fine. No problems at all. Maybe you got a bad bottle? Did you buy a big one? I would contact the company and see if they will send you another bottle. I deal with them all the time and never had any problems with customer service. Was this a new recipe you were dealing with?

I've had that happen more than a few times, even with EOs. Sometimes it reabsorbs, sometimes I just have to cut it and towel off the leaked FO. Just had that happen with NG's Juicy Lemon, on 3 batches. It was a mess. Several days later, though, the cut bars seem fine, and even kept most of their fragrance. I've usually attributed it to Operator Error in a batch, and don't know what messed up with these. I've never had a problem with NG's customer service either, in my experience they're excellent.

I've had that happen with NG's twigs & berries.
The scent wasn't what I was looking for (not enough twig) so I didn't try it again.
The bars continued to leek little beads of FO for months, but it eventually reabsorbed.

hey thank you everyone for your reply.

I was working on a small batch on a recipe that has been used many times, but since I tried this twice, its 6 lbs oil gone. I was too nervous to continue. I will contact them, to see if anything can be done.
I'm just glad i'm not crazy :).... it was my first time trying this fragrance, and I really like this scent.

Word back from NG was that everything is good on their end, and perhaps my lye must be bad.

I have purchased many fragrances from them, and this was the only one, there are black settlements at the bottom of the container. I guess this just goes in the garbage.

--
I did not try to re-batch, I was so unsure of what was going on, I was making some soaps for Christmas time just didn't feel comfortable offering that as an item for sale

Last edited:
Word back from NG was that everything is good on their end, and perhaps my lye must be bad.

I have purchased many fragrances from them, and this was the only one, there are black settlements at the bottom of the container. I guess this just goes in the garbage.

--
I did not try to re-batch, I was so unsure of what was going on, I was making some soaps for Christmas time just didn't feel comfortable offering that as an item for sale

If there is sediment at the bottom of the container, I would take a photograph and email a copy to customer service. Something is wrong there.

I agree with judymoody, contact them and let them know there is a sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Take a picture and offer to send it to them. Their CS has always been exceptional.

Well I took a photo of the residue at the bottom of the container I Don't know if this is normal with fragrance. But its the only one I've seen and the only fragrance that has given me a problem, thus far. Let me know if anyone has encountered anything like this before.

Thanks

BlackParticals.jpg

I contacted them. The word back is they made a batch with the FO and found no problem.

But the FO I received was from a couple of weeks ago, so the current FO may not be of the same batch. I sent the photo, so far no word back with my last email, however, it was mentioned that they would ask about the sediment.

Latest posts

Back