Forgot oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suite scented

Reaction score
Someone, anyone please help. I measured out all the oils for a 48 oz batch of cp soap. Everything went fine. the funnel pour was looking on point. whilst i was clearing up see the 10 0z CO in the container, whilst the others were empty on the other side of the kitchen. I feel really bad as i emptied the last of my fav FO EO oil in it. And... Help please someone.

Well, it will screw up your funnel pour :cry: but you could toss it back into the pot, stick blend the Coconut Oil in, then HP it. Won't be as pretty as funnel swirls, but will save your FO/EO blend!

I know this isn't going to help you, but take comfort in the fact that this could easily have happened to me. :)

THanks for the support, Im trying the HP, and not liking it.
It's just to gummy, not to mention i dont know when the time is right to pour... I will keep you guys posted
Malissa

suite scented said:
THanks for the support, Im trying the HP, and not liking it.
It's just to gummy, not to mention i dont know when the time is right to pour... I will keep you guys posted
Malissa
HP does have a different texture at pour as opposed to CP...more "glopping" into the mold as opposed to a nice pour (unless you use Sodium Lactate)...but I thought it was the safest way to save your batch that was missing the Coconut Oil. If you got it to a stage that looks like a transparent gel (sort of like Vaseline), you probably cooked enough. I don't know how experienced you are with soapmaking, but a lot of soapers will remove a small blob of HP once it gets to the gel phase, let it cool, and "zap test" it (tongue test for excess lye...if it "zaps" like a 9 volt battery, keep cooking).
Hope it turns out ok for you!

I did use SL @ 2% in the original batch. I never got to the vaseline phase. I poured after about 2hrs of cooking. Im still hoping for the best!

Well, there's only one way to find out! :wink: Soap making will certainly teach you patience...
Fingers crossed for you! :D

okay, 24+ hrs and my soap looks "good" BUT it is very soft, not firm enough to unmould much less cut. HP is not for me.

If you post your recipe, maybe we can help troubleshoot.
Give your soap a couple days...I have had soap that was almost too soft to unmold for 2 weeks (Ungelled & 70% Olive Oil).

Back