coconut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoozoo

Reaction score
Hello friends
I have a question about coconut oil
Could someone please explain to me why it is considered a very cleansing oil? Meaning, does it contain fatty acids that bind to sodium hydroxide at a higher rate than other oils and butters?
Sorry my English is not good

Hello friends
I have a question about coconut oil
Could someone please explain to me why it is considered a very cleansing oil? Meaning, does it contain fatty acids that bind to sodium hydroxide at a higher rate than other oils and butters?
Sorry my English is not good
The cleansing nature of coconut oil (and palm kernel oil and babassu oil) comes from their relatively higher combined percentage of lauric and myristic fatty acids. When saponified, these particular fatty acids are very good at binding to, and then stripping away, the oils on our skin. You can read more about that here.

The cleansing nature of coconut oil (and palm kernel oil and babassu oil) comes from their relatively higher combined percentage of lauric and myristic fatty acids. When saponified, these particular fatty acids are very good at binding to, and then stripping away, the oils on our skin. You can read more about that here.
thank you Alioop

Not really 🙈 I use Google Translate
I can read and understand but I cannot write well
I never would have know that you were using G-translate. Besides, we are a pretty friendly group. Of course, if you make a mistake that makes us giggle, we will tease you endlessly, but only because it is fun to laugh and smile at silly things when we can, right? :)

Not really 🙈 I use Google Translate
I can read and understand but I cannot write well
I use Google translate for my job translate documents so I can process them, instead of putting them on hold waiting for a translator! Someone said, "I didn't know you could read so many languages". I said, "I can't, I use Google translate! Work smart people!" 🤣

I use Google translate for my job translate documents so I can process them, instead of putting them on hold waiting for a translator! Someone said, "I didn't know you could read so many languages". I said, "I can't, I use Google translate! Work smart people!" 🤣
We save time and get what we want 🤙🏻
I guess I follow a policy of “ throw yourself in the water and you'll learn to swim “ 😄

Latest posts

Back