FO or EO for shaving soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamaT

Reaction score
What fo or eo work well in a shaving soap? I've worked out a recipe that I like, now I want it to smell nice as well.

I make an unfragranced shaving soap but I also make the same soap with a basil and lime FO but I add a bit of lime EO aswell and its a great seller. It's a feresh scent that is very unisex. I made a shaving soap a while ago with bay rum but it didn't go over very well :?

I made a eucalyptus-spearmint combo that smells AWESOME... i love that combo and it leaves you feeling fresh (especially when you put some menthol in it...just be careful with it... too much= BURNNNNNNNN!!)

also I love coconut-lime

lavander is also great (and unisex)

or if you want to get into the old school... i would die for an old school bay rum shave soap..id take that over any :)

for a fragrance oil a blend of bay rum and lime is nice, or drakkar which is the hubbs favorite.

then if you want it to match a soap there are always the axe duplicates, or old spice, english leather or brute.

Back