Flavor concentrates as fragrance...?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new12soap

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had tried using flavor extracts or concentrates as a soap fragrance. Someone else's thread on using beer in soap and how to fragrance it brought it to mind.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/other-pr ... ences.html

These are designed to flavor grain alchohol. They do not contain any alcohol, just concentrated flavor and I am wondering if they would work for scents. Some of them would be interesting...

Also there are the regular grocery store flavor extracts, but I don't know if they contain alcohol. They sell soda extracts, too, cola and root beer.

From that link, it looks as if the herbs are mixed with a small amount of alcohol in order to make those essences. (Check out the description for the Amaretto essence.)

Adding alcohol to soap isn't going to be a good thing, at least from what I've read here. (The phrase "soap volcano" comes to mind.)

I read a few of the descriptions as well and the ones I read said they have alcohol in them as well, so using them as is for fragrance wouldn't work very well.

Usually the regular grocery store extracts contain alcohol as well.

Latest posts

Back