First Facial Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckyone80

Reaction score
So it's not much to look at but I'm pretty happy with it and I hope it works for my friend. So it's uncolored and unscented, made with lard, oo, co, shea butter and castor oil. I did mix in a bit of french green clay but you can't tell. I washed my face with a sliver of it last night and it didn't leave my face feeling dry so thats a good sign, we shall see in a month or so!

Facial Bar.jpg

Facial Bar Cut.jpg

Facial.jpg

They look wonderful, I am trying to find a facial bar at the moment for acne skin and a shampoo bar for sensitive scalp. I haven't been in love with the couple I have made so far.

I've been using this soap on my face since a few days after making it and I love it! It still has a couple weeks left to cure but I can't wait to see what my friend thinks of it.

I don't know how you can say it's not much to look at.....it's gorgeous! It's smooth and creamy looking, exactly the kind of soap I like to use, especially for my face. My facial soaps never have fragrance or color. With that kind of soap, you're much more likely to pay attention to how the soap "feels", which is why (I think) we all began making soap in the first place.....because it feels so good. No apologies necessary, whatsoever. I'm posting again, because I'm really gravitating toward "plain" bars these days, and I'm always surprised when someone is apologetic about the fact that their amazing soap doesn't have color or fragrance. Soap is so much more than that. Be proud of your amazing soap!

Last edited:
Back