First Batch ~ Miserable failure?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used pringles cans without incident, as have others. But sometimes things go awry.
These are NOT my soaps. These photos were posted on other forums over the years and I thought them worth saving.

But like I said, I've made lots of batches without problems...

pringles2.jpg

pringles1.jpg

AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE
pringles3.jpg

lol, I don't feel so bad now after seeing those pics!!! I just finished my second batch of soap today . . . I'll put up a thread about it ;)

ezeriuke said:
the last one reminds me of something ... :oops: :p

Yeah, me too. But I think you have to be Jewish to cut that one...I'll call a friend who I'm sure can recommend a good rabbi and time for the bris.

LOL it reminded me of something to..... then saw what you all said I was falling out laughing. :D That last one is a hoot! LOL@ Chrissy!
It is soooo weird how this stuff does from one batch to the next.
Do you think I could use this can I have if I line it in freezer paper? But don't know how I would cover the bottom of it and it not be wadded up and make a mess of the last bar of soap on the end.

lots of us use/have used unlined pringles cans without incident. not sure why this happens sometimes beyond overheating...

I had one soap overheat when I lined with freezer paper, but not as dramatically as the soap in those photos. They look like modern art sculptures! :lol:

I've started using craft foam sheets to line Pringes cans. So far it has worked great. Just pull the liner with the soap right out. The liner peels right off the soap and is easily washed and reused.

RoseMarie said:
LOL it reminded me of something to..... then saw what you all said I was falling out laughing. :D That last one is a hoot! LOL@ Chrissy!
It is soooo weird how this stuff does from one batch to the next.
Do you think I could use this can I have if I line it in freezer paper? But don't know how I would cover the bottom of it and it not be wadded up and make a mess of the last bar of soap on the end.

Alright, so on my second batch, I had soap leftover that wouldn't fit my new molds . . . I reverted to the pringles can ;) This time I traced the outside-bottom of the can and cut a circle to fit inside-bottom, then took wax paper, rolled it into a 'telescope' then stuck that inside. Once I got the soap in I made sure to push it down with the spatula and bump it around a lot to remove air bubbles. The result: two fabulous bars of soap and a normal-looking pringles can to reuse again! If you leave an inch headspace of paper on top, you can use it as a handle to pull it out so much easier.

Heehee, thanks for the suggestions everyone! Now I know there's still hope for my rounded soap obsession ;)

your mushroom soap reminds me of the tomato juice soap I made a couple of years ago....it was the uglyist thing you ever did lay eyes on....snot green, chunks of veg. shortening just like yours, gross in every way...I almost pitched it....but didn't. It ended up being...and this is no lie....the BEST soap I've made so far for washing my face.....it was smooth and creamy and lathered great.....smelled good too. All ya had to do was get past it's looks......I have tried to duplicate it....but now all I get is nice looking soap without the chunks.... :-(

so ya never know what could be hiding in that ugly batch of soap.

Latest posts

Back