Favorite recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaMarie

Reaction score
This is a family favorite cheesecake recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...y-Cheesecake-with-Graham-Cracker-Crust-108320

It's no-bake (except crust) and uses fresh blueberries and very pretty!

Cheers!
Anna Marie

image.jpg

Last edited:
I have one..have no idea where it is. I suspect I threw it away for fear
of developing 'death by cheesecake' :)

It's made with snicker bars, in the batter and then on top.
I'll start searching again but I have not seen that thing in about
a year. I'm sure there is a dupe someplace but geez the one
I had was really to die for.

Sad story -

My aunt makes AMAZING cheese cake. She gives me one for my bday every year. One time, she was pouring the batter and realized she had forgotten an ingredient, so she scooped the batter back out, added the ingredient and poured it back in the pan. However, this meant that rather than having a graham crust, the cheesecake was full of little graham bits. And it was AWESOME.

And she refuses to make it that way again. :cry:

Told you it was sad.

I have one..have no idea where it is. I suspect I threw it away for fear
of developing 'death by cheesecake' :)

It's made with snicker bars, in the batter and then on top.
I'll start searching again but I have not seen that thing in about
a year. I'm sure there is a dupe someplace but geez the one
I had was really to die for.

Oh my! I feel my waistline growing bigger already!

Sad story -

My aunt makes AMAZING cheese cake. She gives me one for my bday every year. One time, she was pouring the batter and realized she had forgotten an ingredient, so she scooped the batter back out, added the ingredient and poured it back in the pan. However, this meant that rather than having a graham crust, the cheesecake was full of little graham bits. And it was AWESOME.

And she refuses to make it that way again. :cry:

Told you it was sad.

Lol! I like that idea: crust chunks in cheesecake. I'll have to try that. My daughter is wanting me to make cheesecake soon:)

AnnaMarie - I'm drooling over that blueberry cheesecake! Especially love that it's a no-bake recipe. Is it wrong to wish my ugly blueberry soap had turned out looking like that?

Best cheesecake I've ever had was in Sydney, AUS. I was there for 6 weeks on a work assignment and stumbled into a cafe one day for lunch. This cheesecake was so light & fluffy with the most delish blueberry topping . . . never had anything like it here in the US.

This recipe is spot-on as far as the filling. The pastry crust is pretty time consuming but it would probably be just as good with a shortbread or graham-cracker crust.

http://wholesome-cook.com/2012/09/10/pasticceria-papa-ricotta-cheesecake-a-replica-recipe/

I tried to re-find my two favorite cheesecake recipes online in order to share a link, but was unsuccessful. So, I'll just have to type it out here :)

Lavender Cheesecake

1c graham cracker crumbs
3T sugar
3T melted butter

4 (8oz) bricks of cream cheese
1c sugar
3T flour
1T vanilla
4 eggs
1c sour cream
3 1/2t ground culinary lavender

All ingredients should be at room temperature. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Place a cookie sheet on the lower shelf of the oven and fill with water (it keeps the cheesecake from cracking). Prepare crust by mixing the first three ingredients. Pat into a 9-inch springform pan. For filling beat cream cheese, sugar (1c), flour, and vanilla at medium speed until blended. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Blend in sour cream and lavender. Pour into crust. Put into oven on shelf above water-filled cookie sheet and bake for one hour and 10 minutes. Shut off oven and open door. Let cool to room temperature (this will help eliminate cracks as well). Refrigerate at least a couple hours.

I love cooking and have lots of favorite recipes. It would be so hard to choose a favorite. The cheesecake recipe I make at Christmas takes 5 pkgs of cream cheese and you bake it. It's so yummy!

Latest posts

Back