Falling snow

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used small tapioca on top of soap before, they were supposed to be suds on a beer soap. I coated them in white mica so they were shiny
Didn't have any issues with it but I did wipe them off before using the soap.

If you are just looking for decorative toppers, flaked salt would probably look more snow like and would be more likely to melt and not cut if it couldn't all be wiped off

I've used small tapioca on top of soap before, they were supposed to be suds on a beer soap. I coated them in white mica so they were shiny
Didn't have any issues with it but I did wipe them off before using the soap.

If you are just looking for decorative toppers, flaked salt would probably look more snow like and would be more likely to melt and not cut if it couldn't all be wiped off
I want falling snow within the soap, I want to mimic this soap, but it looks like they sprinkled snow on top, and I want it throughout.
What do you think of small tapioca within the soap ?
Here is the soap I’m admiring, and big apologies for not giving credit to the artist. I just have a close up picture. I think I got it from Facebook.

Attachments

• IMG_4620.png
    IMG_4620.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
I want it throughout, and if I use Rock salt I know it can only be decorative, as I have heard Rock salt is too rough.

I agree with @KiwiMoose

Shred up some white bars. Rub the shreds between your hands to make them smaller in size.

If the soap is just an art piece, use what ever you want inside. But, if you expect to use it, use soap shreds.

This is my snowy mountain soap that I made last winter using white shreds, in case you wanted to see an example.

View attachment 74670
That is so pretty!! It brings you into the winter scene, thanks for sharing.

It looks like it could be lightly splattered white mica done to each bar after cutting.
That’s what I thought too. It’s really pretty, but I want mine throughout.

I want falling snow within the soap, I want to mimic this soap, but it looks like they sprinkled snow on top, and I want it throughout.
What do you think of small tapioca within the soap ?
Here is the soap I’m admiring, and big apologies for not giving credit to the artist. I just have a close up picture. I think I got it from Facebook.
No, I don't think tapioco or rock salt will work throughout the soap. Bith are hard, you wouldn't be able to cut the soap without making a absolute mess.
You might be able to use coarse salt, it would he speckly but not particularly white.
Sounds like you need to do some experiments

Wow! You do a great job if doing by hand!
The tree is 3 triangles, the bottom 2 flattened on the top. I use alcohol to stick the pieces together and leave overnight to set.

I like that more than the often mechanical look of so many embeds or combed landscape looks.

Made by Humans, and all that 👍
Mine definitely look handmade :)

Latest posts

Back