Facial masks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neve

Reaction score
I have been making up very small fresh facial masks and today's was kaolin clay, oat flour, honey and water. It smelt delicious! And seemed really nice on my skin too.

So my question is what can I add that is vegan that would help it not try out and crumble so fast? I've used milk in some (and yoghurt as well) and it has been great but I am wondering what non-dairy options there are. I am not sure if more honey would work, I don't want it sticky. The amount of honey I added was nice.

I would like to keep them fresh and give a few small samples as gifts to clients and friends, this one was just so nice.

If I make myself a bigger pot and add preservative will that make it any less, well, yummy? I haven't used my Germall yet.

I've learned lots of good things about glycerin. Maybe it would lend some nice properties and minimize the drying out. Not an effort

Hi, an awful lot of vegans don't class honey as vegan i'm afraid. Sorry.

I've just come up with my own mask & love it. I like jcatblum's dry mix idea and I've recently read about adding honey powder to body products.

I wonder about adding some extracts like green tea? What do u think? My daughter has a problem with outbreaks and I offer her some kaolin, for sensitive skin. Do you think I could add some green tea extract dissolved in distilled water? How much honey for a one use?

You're right. I keep forgetting. I never had a problem with honey even when I was strict vegan...

It's more that I want something other than milk in the mask really. Well I just want to know what else I might use. It's only for me unless I gift some out.

Hi, an awful lot of vegans don't class honey as vegan i'm afraid. Sorry.

Would that be nice in soap too? I will look for it in the supermarket.

Yep, I love it. I haven't seen the powdered version in grocery stores, I either buy it at a local asian/international market or online.

Back