Essential oil suitable for bronchitis?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetyler

Reaction score
Hi all. My wife suffers from recurring bronchitis. We've been backwards and forwards to our family doctor, and she's tried numerous medications, but it wont seem to go away. Nothing seems to be working, to such an extent where we've asked for TWO second opinions to make sure its nothing more serious. ALL THREE doctors have confirmed its bronchitis, but it seems my wife is particularly susceptible.

I'm trying to find an alternative option for her, and a friend suggested we look at essential oils to help with the problem, most likely by adding to hot water and inhaling the vapour for a few minutes.

I've come across an oil called Elemi which I'm not familiar with, but apparently it can help with bronchitis. See:
http://www.bareessential.co.uk/store/elemi-essential-oil-uses-and-benefits.html

And:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canarium_luzonicum

Does anyone have any experience with this oil? Does it work? Do you have any alternative suggestions?

Thank you in advance :)

Hii!
I've never used elemi oil but it looks very interesting, for a number of things.
Have you tried vicks? If your wife doesn't have problems with that, you can use the essential oils used there to. Overall I'm cautious with health and essential oils, I'd look for someone who knows a big deal about it before actually starting to use it in anything that you don't wash of. I do believe essential oils can be a big help, but it's important to have the right knowledge to use it. In my opinion.

Has she had a chest Xray preferably a ct scan? If not please ask for one. Drs can be pretty blase with out health sometimes. Been there done that.

Thank you for your comments. Yes she tried Vicks, but it didnt work. Already asked for a CT scan, but the doctors are adamant she doesnt need it. Think I'll have to pursue that again.

Thanks all

Latest posts

Back