Ebru Technique Soap Challenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love your dragon, Liz! And like I said in your blog, I am really impressed that you can use 14 different colorants while soaping with such a strong lye solution!

I saw your comment...thanks :) I responded to it as well.
Newbie and I discovered the higher the lye, the slower the trace if and only if your fragrance is not an accelerator at all. Adding the coconut milk did speed things back up in the base pour, but the mica squirt bottles remained quite fluid.

Last edited:
That was you, Liz, the dragon? Absolutely fantastic, I loved it. Don't tell me you can't draw, you fat lye-r :)

Thanks lol...yes, I'm Amber waves of soap. My dad loved the Dragon, and asked how I could cut it. said he wanted a soap. But once I said I already cut it he said never mind...he wants a whole Dragon, not a part of one lol! Guess I should make him his own Dragon now!

Good daughter! He probably wants to frame it and keep it w/your report cards and Father's Day cards from the 3rd grade! I knew you were AW of S, I have you bookmarked, but the last time I checked your blog you hadn't posted it yet. Hm, I subscribed to it, will have to check on that.

Good daughter! He probably wants to frame it and keep it w/your report cards and Father's Day cards from the 3rd grade! I knew you were AW of S, I have you bookmarked, but the last time I checked your blog you hadn't posted it yet. Hm, I subscribed to it, will have to check on that.

As far as I know, I have no followers (says zero). If you try and can't let me know...if you don't that's fine too lol;)

Mystery solved, the email update went into my updates rather my inbox. Most of them do that, I don't know how to change it. I am definitely subscribed (I assume that is what "follow by email" means? When I went to re-sign up, it told me I was already.

Thx!!! I did so many ebru soaps, some I didn't even put on the blog yet there's several I did put on, that by the time I was going to submit I decided to do something different. I have like, 4 or 5 ebru soaps on there I didn't submit and 4 more I'm my closet I haven't shown anyone except newbie. I really wanted to try the Dragon though. Thx again!

Side note, why in the world is auto correct capitalizing Dragon lol?!

It's probably just as well that I didn't get to mine in time - there are some gorgeous ones entered! I had such a hard time casting my votes! This was going to be my first challenge, but life got in the way. I'm looking forward to the next challenge, though :)

lionprincess - I think your peacock wanted to be a dragon that's why he turned out the way he did ;) Glad the dragon won the battle because it is fab! I also loved the koi and butterfly entries.

Thx! Will repost it in a second. Saw the ole offspring in the Pic and wanted only the soapy offspring...bad internet connection so will repost as soon as possible :)

REPOST-
Ok. There was one on the blog as spin with ebru flowers; the 1 Dragon I submitted; and the practices i sent to the blog with rice Shea blossom that accelerated...the birds and flowers on khaki background, and the hippy-esque Orange swirl with flowers on top.

I looked in the closet, and there were three more I hadn't shared, not 4 like I thought (sorry!). There's a reason I didn't share...

This first one is made to measure by Oregon trails. Said "soaps perfectly, discoloration is a pale cream"...and pale cream is exactly what they say.*

So here we are with thick trace trying to pour circles....
Then the accelerated thick as pudding batter that I skewered.
Then the soap today. A light cream color my butt!!! This is as dark as, say, 9% plus vanillin.

Next soap was a strange little fellow. Not at all the face I was hoping for (one only a mother could love).

Last was nice, but the sky and grass weren't what I envisioned, and the hummingbird is a tad akward.*

Not worth posting, but I'll go ahead since we're all learning here...this is a lesson on what NOT to do lol!

IMAG1590.jpg

IMAG1609.jpg

IMAG1803.jpg

IMAG1563.jpg

IMAG1638_1.jpg

Last edited:
Stop, just stop already. You people are so talented, you make the rest of us, (well, me anyway) feel so inadequate. Your talent astounds me.

I really like the pattern on the first one - shame about the discolouration as your original colours were lovely! And the little hummingbird is cute cute cute!

Back