DPG Solvent Liquid.... what do I do with it now?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauramw71

Reaction score
I have a 16 oz bottle of this. I am going to make some incense, but not enough to use up this bottle. Can I use it to make perfume? Can it be added to lotion? How bout to body or linen spray to make the fragrance "stick"? I know it's a type of glycerin so It must be good for something! LOL All I make right now is bath and body stuff, and sprays. Is it good for a perfume base? roll on or spray?
If I CAN use it as an additive, how much would I use????
HELP! I wanna use this stuff up. LOL

Well, I tried DPG and FO. Not so good. LOL VERY oily. Tried it in a spray with just those 2 ingredients.. Too thick for the sprayer so it came out in 1 thick stream. So I thought maybe for a roll on... ack too oily. LOL So looks like just for maybe a tart burner and the incense. I HAVE read that it is like glycerin in it makes the spray last longer. I was trying to find out if it was ok to add to my room or body sprays but can't find any info. :(

The article did say it was good for oil burners. I know it's used to make reed diffusers.

I've read that it can be used in skin care products since it's a humectant but I haven't been able to find info on how it's used.

If you find out anything, please let me know because I'd like to try it but I'm like you. I don't want to have a lot left over. :D

I'll let you know if I find out more.

I haven’t found much more. I did find out that adding DPG to skin care products helps improve their stability for temperature fluctuations. It also has antimicrobial properties which helps protect against bacteria and fungi and helps support an added preservative.

Here’s a couple of links that I found.

http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/dpg.html
http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/form_diffuseroils.html

I’m going to keep looking (but it will have to be after the holidays).

Happy Holidays to everyone! :D

Yeah, I haven't found much more either. LOL I think I'll probably jsut stick to incense and oil burners. It's so oily that I really don't think I will want to use it for anything else darnit. LOL
Thanks for those links! :)

Oh wow! This looks great! Where do up place them? Do they have a good scent throw? This is something I think I might have to try! Thanks for sharing this!!!

Hi Healinya,

Thanks for the great tip! I'd seen these before and thought it was too expensive to mess with them. I didn't know you could use water softener rocks.

I'm going have to try this, too. :D

I just took a picture of the bag in case it helps. The white ones are as they look in the bag. I wish I had a picture of an impressive looking product, but at least it gives you a visual idea.

img1261865617997.jpg

These are dry, used glycerin.

419065.jpg
[/img]

That's so sweet of you to post a picture! They look fantastic! The bluish-green ones make me think of aquamarines.

I have got to try this!

More products to spend money on. :lol: But they would make great gifts. Thanks for sharing all this.

Back