Does anyone else sweat...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeners

Reaction score
...when they try new soap techniques??

I got brave and tried the tilted tiger swirl from Soaping101. While I was doing it, I started getting really hot and sweaty. I was wearing a sweatshirt, and didn't want to spend the time taking it off for fear of soap batter starting to thicken in the 5 seconds it would have taken me to remove it. So I pushed forward, in the sauna that I was making for myself...

Anyone else get like that or is it just me?? Next time I'll just start with a t-shirt so I won't have to worry about it.

So...here's the soap I was sweating over - my attempt at gin and tonic. I only have natural colours available, but looks like I used too much tumeric for the yellow, so instead of being yellow and green, its more orange and green..... Oh, scented with lime, lemon and juniper. Right now citrus scent has taken over. Hoping they will fade a bit more so the juniper will come through.

Cut pics to come later. Its still too soft...

IMG-20140207-00779.jpg

Gorgeous soap! Post pics when it's cut?

I still get sweaty when making my most difficult, complicated recipes, shampoo bars especially. And a black facial salt bar with a ton of ingredients that will seize if I'm not super careful. That one still REALLY makes me sweat despite the innumerable batches I've made. You're not alone :)

yeah I got all hot under my sweatshirt on the last one. That soap is SO pretty! I cant wait to see it cut!

cut pic

Thanks paillo! I'm glad I'm not alone

I couldn't wait any longer...

Colours aren't as vibrant as I'd like (OO I bought has extra virgin in it so made everything darker....), but turned out nice!

IMG-20140207-00781.jpg

Very nice! I like the way the green curls through the middle there. Nice "movement." Downright artistic.

Beautiful!! yes, I stress when trying something new or doing something that's been troublesome in the past. My weekend goal is to finally do a peacock swirl....my version anyway.

Same here. I even write down every step in a new process that I want to follow ... and still totally blank out on parts of it. I'm usually pretty good at thinking on my feet and such, but soap seems to be a different story. It's like I go into some kind of mental warp or something. My soap almost always turns out nice ... just different than I originally intended.

VERY pretty soap, Neeners. The swoopy pattern on the cut bar is especially lovely.

Last edited:
Peacock also on my list! Good luck with your swirl!!

Thanks for the nice words everyone!

The soap looks great! I love the gin and tonic idea too!
I haven't sweat, but I do get really nervous when doing something different with my soap :)
I haven't taken the leap into swirl techniques yet...and I've been making soap for three years. The bravest I've gotten is making a soap with two different colored/scented layers. This is definitely motivation to try a swirl technique of some sort soon! :)

Beautiful soap .. and fwiw, I don't sweat .. but I do seem to get stupid!!! LOL .. last new batch I tried was an ombre and I totally forgot the plan even though it was in writing, so I ended up dumping all the colour in the pot even though I was only supposed to put colour in a small portion. DOAH!! Ok .. so one batch of solid blue that is becoming embeds and a second batch of blue ombre .. *hangs head in shame*

nice! love tilted tiger stripes! u can hv different effects depending on how u placed the cardboard..

Latest posts

Back