Dial foaming refill

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello
Why does the Dial foaming hand wash container only use Dial refill soap?
I used the ouroilyhouse formula (below) for foaming hand wash (1/4 C Castile, 15 drops EO, and fill with water)…and it doesn’t work in the Dial dispenser-is anyone familiar with this?
Thank you

https://www.ouroilyhouse.com/all-natural-foaming-hand-soap-with-essential-oils/
IMG_5832.jpeg

I've used these with all kinds of refill recipes with no issues. Which castile are you using? It looks a little light - are you sure it's not already been diluted?

I just read the product description on that website. It reads:

Castile Liquid Soap Base - Organic

Make your own liquid soap easily and without using dangerous chemicals with this organic castile soap base! Simply add your chosen scent

Your castile base is already diluted, so it's not like the castile paste you'd be making from scratch which needs further dilution. So I'm pretty sure you're adding too much water to it, it may not need to be diluted at all.

As a side note, homemade castile is a lot cheaper and more efficient to store. I make a 1 L jar and it lasts me all year because with real castile paste you only need to dilute a few Tbsp in water to fill a pump like this.

Last edited:
I just read the product description on that website. It reads:

Your castile base is already diluted, so it's not like the castile paste you'd be making from scratch which needs further dilution. So I'm pretty sure you're adding too much water to it, it may not need to be diluted at all.

As a side note, homemade castile is a lot cheaper and more efficient store. I make a 1 L jar and it lasts me all year because with real castile paste you only need to dilute a few Tbsp in water to fill a pump like this.
Hello and thank you. Just curious, What do you use your Castile paste for?

Latest posts

Back