Cut pic - Oatmeal Milk & Honey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I posted that before I found out my scale was dead... I have ordered a new one from WSP. I hope it doesn't take long to get shipped out. Maybe I can make some soap again next weekend if I am lucky. *crosses fingers*

BTW I think I forgot to say thank you for posting that video Shannon. I think I am going to make a cutting guide tomorrow.

Maybe the oatmeal I add is too fine. You can feel it in the bar when it's gotten broken in but it never really has that yummy oaty look like yours. Mine look just like my lavender and goat milk. What's that saying? No curb appeal. :lolno: You'd have to hold an unused bar under the light to see the tiny oat flecks. So I'm doing my next batch differently. I bought some new O MH fragrance and it'll be a good time to give my bars a new look with some oat flakes, too.

BTW I think I forgot to say thank you for posting that video Shannon. I think I am going to make a cutting guide tomorrow.

You're welcome. I should have another to add to my channel tomorrow with my cupcake debacle lol.

Maybe the oatmeal I add is too fine. You can feel it in the bar when it's gotten broken in but it never really has that yummy oaty look like yours. Mine look just like my lavender and goat milk. What's that saying? No curb appeal. :lolno: You'd have to hold an unused bar under the light to see the tiny oat flecks. So I'm doing my next batch differently. I bought some new O MH fragrance and it'll be a good time to give my bars a new look with some oat flakes, too.

I used my Magic Bullet to chop my oatmeal. It didn't turn to flour but I kinda just pulsed until I didn't see one whole oat piece in there.

OMH one of my all time favs and yours looks great!

I love the scent of OMH... it's so warm and homey. I can't wait to use this soap lol

I used my Magic Bullet to chop my oatmeal. It didn't turn to flour but I kinda just pulsed until I didn't see one whole oat piece in there.

That's what I did too, to make a batch of "almost colloidal" oatmeal. but I used the food processor. It's almost powdery but still a touch grainy. It's good enough. :)

I just have a coffee grinder and I think it's too much power. Yep, the only difference in the bars is that the Om & H is tan.

I just have a coffee grinder and I think it's too much power. Yep, the only difference in the bars is that the Om & H is tan.

I fully expected these to turn brown with the FO.. I'm surprised it didn't. Maybe because it didn't gel?

Latest posts

Back