CPHP after the fact...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wood crate should be fine at the low temp you'll be using in the oven. It's nailed, not glued, so it won't melt and fall apart, which is the main concern with wooden crates/molds. And you're only heating to about 170F, so it's not very hot, actually. Cardboard will be fine in that as long as it's not touching the actual heating element.

Ok thanks, its mostly the cardboard that I'm worried about. There is some tape I'm concerned too, sealing tape which I used to just be extra careful of not getting soap drips between the wood and the cardboard on the ends. Its one piece of cardboard with folds on the long sides, but could still drop through on the short sides where it contacts the wood. I decided to wait until afternoon to make the soap, I'm at my bfs house and we had to wait, and now I'm pretty tired plus my bf is going to bed and I'd rather him help me so I'm waiting for now.

Well I decided to go with preventing gel in the freezer since I had white as one of the colors. I'm still really interested in this CPHP and if anyone has tried to correct a partial gel yet. I'll post some photos after I cut them. I used palm, and did some playing around with salt for hardening in some of the recipes so fingers crossed that I can cut around 24 hours, usually its more like 48 for my recipes so far.

Latest posts

Back