CP salt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadya

Reaction score
Hello there! I made salt soaps with the same recipe two times- the first one was with samples in separate molds and the second in a big Mold. With the samples everything went okay, they were hard enough after around 3 hours and are still perfect but the big batch isn’t hard enough after over 16 hours and I don’t understand why. do you have any idea? My recipe is with 40% salt and 15% superfat
7% almond oil, 60% coconut oil and 33% olive oil
I don’t know if it’s good overall but with the samples it went great

Samples poured in individual molds will most certainly harden faster than your big mold. You say big mold how big is the batch? Your OO will slow down how fast they harden and whether you gelled or not will make a big difference. I honestly never really worked with 40% salt I always used 100-110% salt so my bars would harden quick, but I also never used 40% soft oil which is certainly going to slow down set-up time. I always had to cut mine within 45 min while still hot. Sounds like maybe you are using too much water/liquid. What is your Lye Concentration? Your lye calc will tell you. Using a 33% Lye Concentration usually works well.

Latest posts

Back