CP Cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskat22

Reaction score
I want to try my hand at CP cupcakes, but I need some help. First off, how do you figure out how much you need for your frosting? I know *really* it's personal preference (how much you want to pipe on) but is there a general rule of thumb for figuring this out? Also, how much time can I have between pouring the bases and piping the tops? I know it would be best to do them all at the same time, but what if I only have time to do the bases? Is it possible to pour the bases one day and then pipe them the next day? Would the frosting stick? I've done MP cupcakes, but that's a whole other beast! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I would not wait until the next day to pipe the top. I don't think it would adhere very well in that case! Have you watched any of the many videos out there on it? That would give you a guide on how much time you have. Of course so much depends on your soaping temperature, what molds you're using, what soap recipe you're using, etc.

I've watched a ton of videos, none of them say anything about time, temp, or how much soap batter I might need (clearly depending on how many cupcakes I make). Do you know of any videos that might have that information?

I do my bases and tops at the same time. Some on here have done the bases one day and piped the top the next and they have stuck. I use about half and half of the recipe for bases and tops, its really about how high you want to make them. I can't estimate how long its going to be before your base will set and when you pipe. Just pour the base and while its setting thicken up the rest for the tops and put it in your icing bag or tube by then, it should be ready to put the top on. Its trial and error, good luck.

I too generally use 1/2 and 1/2. Though I have done the cupcakes one day and the frosting the next and no problem with them sticking...I prefer to just get them done all at once though.

Thanks for the link! That's pretty much what I was looking for, and I watch those all the time, don't know why I didn't find it! I'm mostly worried about getting interrupted while doing it which is why I was wondering if I could split up the process.

Latest posts

Back