Could you please share your goats milk recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't gelled any soap yet -maybe I'm not as fearless as I thought I was. :) I've done okay with not gelling EXCEPT I've done just what Shawnee said she had done - poked and prodded, left marks in my pretty swirls, etc. I've been using a lot of milk (and homemade buttermilk and yogurt) in soap the past few weeks (my brother bought a milk cow). I really WANT to be able to unmold and cut sooner, but I for sure don't want partial gel. I guess I just need to put my big girl panties on and try a batch. Should I try the heating pad? CPOP? It's giving me heart palpitations just thinking about it. :)

I now try my best to avoid gel, because I like the look of my soaps better, but my first batches all went through gel. I used poorly insulated molds (milk cartons), so once they were filled, I placed them into a small soft-sided cooler and piled fluffy towels around them in the cooler to keep them upright but mostly to keep them cozy and warm. I then zipped the cooler shut and literally didn't peek until 24 hours had passed (I know, that was strong of me, it must speak of my excellent character). I didn't use any accelerators like heating pads, etc. The insulated cooler did the trick, and I never had partial gel.

I admit I also like the look of soap that isn't gelled better. It seems if you use a discoloring scent it can get 2-3 shades darker tan or brown.

Latest posts

Back