Cold Process Transparent Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctay122

Reaction score
I am reading a book (Making Transparent Soap by Catherine Failor) on cold process transparent soap, and wondering who in their right mind would want to make this.

It seems like a lot of work and she talks about it can be dangerous making on a gas stove and doesn't recommend it. Though I have access to Everclear, via the commissary, I'm not sure I would ever want to try this. Is the transparent melt and pour a fair substitute. Just wondering.

Has anyone out there tried making transparent soap, and what were the results and was it worth it?

Totally not worth it. And the soap is drying and horrible. It makes for good embeds...but not worth the effort. Just my opinion.

I read the instructions once and thought "NUH UH - not wasting my vodka on something that seems like so much work". Clear melt & pour is just fine and dandy in my humble opinion. :wink:

I did make it. In the early days of my soap career.Directly from her book thinking it would be just like melt and pour. NOT! It would not melt and it was never really clear and was amber colored that couldn't be covered up by color. The one thing that it did teach me was how to make paste which is good for liquid soap.
BTY I have 3 bottles of Everclear hidden in my closet. I am still amazed that my teenage boys haven't discovered it.

Glad this thread came up. Making transparent soap was going to be my next experiment. I think I'll experiment doing something else.....

Latest posts

Back