HP Homemade Pears Soap bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the soap is really good. Excellent bubbles, fairly hard, and hand after washing are really soft. I think it is our humidity makes the glycerin sweat. It is around 70% now and it will get worse.

OK - I've just ordered some essential oils and I'm going to try this blend to mimic the Pears' fragrance:
35% each Rosemary and Lavender
20% Pine
5% each Cinnamon Leaf and Thyme (I'm using white thyme because my supplier has a warning against red thyme on skin)

I've run it through the EO calc and it's all ok with the exception of the thyme which is not one of the available oils to choose from in EO Calc. I'm guessing using it around the same rate as Cinnamon I should be OK.

Thoughts?
May I ask you how your "Almost Pears" batch turned out?

@marclee, I think Kiwi only ordered the eo's 6 days ago, I'm sure it takes a few days to get an order delivered, then she has to get time to make it.

Now I remember, medicinal is the smell, now I know why I didn't like it.

I couldn't tell you exactly what the old Pears from my high school days smelled like, but, yeah, my recollection is it was a medicinal scent -- kind of sweet, maybe a bit spicy. Not a strong smell, but very distinctive. Definitely not bakery/food, nor floral, nor herbal.

I also used that Oil of Olay moisturizer back in the day -- it had another unusual, distinctive scent.

I reckon I've hit the nail right on the head with my blend. I really like it, and, from my recollection of the original Pears soap, it smell perfect! It is medicinal, and that's what I like about it. I think the strongest scent in the blend is the rosemary. I was worried the pine would be too strong and 'toilet cleaner-ish' but I can't smell it at all. The cinnamon adds a warmth to the blend, and I'm glad I used cedar wood instead of lavender. Lavender never seemed right to me.

Latest posts

Back