Coconut Oil from Soaper's Choice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, with shipping I just spent $194 for 100 lbs.

The copra harvest should be better soon.

Maybe i need to go to WallMart and gather some up before the price goes up there.

I've never, ever seen prices of anything come back down, even after 'harvests' have improved. I'm hoping this will be the first.

In sept. I paid $1.41 per pound, now it is $1.95....yikes.

Should I grab some now or wait??

I have a local orgainc soap company that also sells some supplies. I just got an email that their organic coconut oil is on sale for the next week.
A 5 gallon bucket (640 ounces) is $85.77, and I can pick it up and avoid shipping. That comes out to 13 cents an ounce. I think I better grap it.

foresthome said:
I have a local orgainc soap company that also sells some supplies. I just got an email that their organic coconut oil is on sale for the next week.
A 5 gallon bucket (640 ounces) is $85.77, and I can pick it up and avoid shipping. That comes out to 13 cents an ounce. I think I better grap it.

Wow, you are LUCKY! I cried when I ordered CO a few weeks ago. I also spent about 4 hours on the net trying to find a cheaper one than SC. I didn't find one.

BakingNana said:
foresthome said:

Wow, you are LUCKY! I cried when I ordered CO a few weeks ago. I also spent about 4 hours on the net trying to find a cheaper one than SC. I didn't find one.

Thanks for doing the leg work there, appreciate it. 8)

Anytime, Sharon. I'm so into saving a few cents when possible. I hate raising my own prices. I take the small hits myself, but one of these days the hit is going to be major and I'll have to change some prices. Sigh.

Bama said:
Maybe i need to go to WallMart and gather some up before the price goes up there.

This is exactly what I did. I got my last ten pound batch from AAA Chemicals for $29.99. Their price went up to $39.99. They're within driving distance, so I didn't have to factor in shipping. Nonetheless, WalMart was a much better deal. I scooped up six jars out of one store. A lady even stopped me and asked what I was buying and why I was buying so much.

JackiK said:
Bama said:

This is exactly what I did. I got my last ten pound batch from AAA Chemicals for $29.99. Their price went up to $39.99. They're within driving distance, so I didn't have to factor in shipping. Nonetheless, WalMart was a much better deal. I scooped up six jars out of one store. A lady even stopped me and asked what I was buying and why I was buying so much.

I wonder why they don't sell it at Sam's Club? Not enough desperate soapers out there?? :lol:

Latest posts

Back