Coconut Fragrance Oil from Essential Depot?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinHoodFan

Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered/used this scent from ED? I just received mine today for the first time but I'm quite perplexed. It smells strongly of cinnamon. I know the scent can change in the batch of soap but this is literally like a potent cinnamon smell nothing at all like coconut. I saw a video review from someone (the same review from ED's website) and she said it smelled like the meat of the coconut, so strong that it was like she was chewing on coconut...not mine....this smells unmistakably like cinnamon...could there have been a mixup in the labeling? Or is this really the way it smells? Anyone have this to help out here?

I've been trying to call them all morning but no one is picking up. When I called the first time, he told me to call back in 10 min so someone in the office can pick up...I've tried 4 more times since then..nothing. So I left a VM and email as well. This is quite annoying as i wanted to soap this scent this weekend :cry: Guess I'll have to come up with something else now....i just hope they can work this out...my order was quite large this was the only problem.

I've never tried that one, but I wouldn't think any plain coconut fo would have anything at all similar to cinnamon notes. It sounds like it might be a mixup.

Genny said:
I've never tried that one, but I wouldn't think any plain coconut fo would have anything at all similar to cinnamon notes. It sounds like it might be a mixup.
That's what I'm thinking...just smelled it again and there's definitely cinnamon...like a spicey sweet scent...maybe like an allspice or something. I've been trying to contact them all day by phone, live chat, email and facebook with no answer yet which is incredibly frustrating since their emailing was fine when I had questions before I checked out :( I've shopped with them before and this order was by no means a small order so I'm growing more and more upset the longer they don't get back to me. (Especially since they told me someone would be there if i called back in 10 min!) No one picks up and no one answers the live chat either even though it says they're online...sigh. Kind of upsetting b/c I was really counting on this fragrance to soap this weekend and I HATE the smell of cinnamon so I know this cant be right. I know FO's can sometimes smell different than you expect but this is REALLY off. Both of those scents are pretty distinguishable scents.

Surprisingly got a hold of someone on live chat today! Seems there was a confusion on their end yesterday & they weren't aware that there was no one in the office after noon. It's just usually my luck ..lol

Anyway, yea so they said it could have been a mislabel since it's not supposed to smell like that and they will be sending me the correct one and asked I send the incorrect one back for investigation. So all is good so far.

So for everyone's FYI, if your coconut FO smells like cinnamon, it's most likely not coconut FO lol

Latest posts

Back