Clear kids soaps with toys in them?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey11474

Reaction score
I only do cp soap but would like to do some clear m&p and put little frogs or something in them for the kiddos. I'm thinking of selling them at the craft show I do next month. Can anyone recommend a natural clear m&p, good mold and place to buy little things to put in them? Thanks!

It's probably a safer bet to buy larger things to put on top of the M&P rather than little things that go in it. That is, of course, unless you have really good liability insurance. I'd go with some small rubber duckies (too big to choke on) on top like the ones at Oriental Trading Co. (if they still carry them--haven't checked in a while).

[/url]http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?requestURI=viewEndecaCategory&categoryId=388762+1553&sp=true&BP=10679&cm_mmc=google-_-Toys+and+Novelties+-+Adlucent-_-Rubber+Duckies+-+Small-_-a60790e532734bec980da13095e5bf12&ms=search Dottie

I just saw on brambleberry some soaps with silly bands embedded in them. Around here they are all the rage with the kiddies. I plan on make quite a few for an upcoming craft show in october. I'll include a warning label though i.e.- not for children under 4....

LOL, I just made 100 bars of bracelet soap.

www.orientaltrading.com has embeds, as long as they are soft with no sharp edges you should do fine. Maybe label the bar not for use by children under X years due to choke hazard.

I use extra clear M&P base from WSP. They sell little finger puppets and bendi Ballerina's at oriental trading post. They also have little turkey and snowman finger puppets. I put a little of the clear base in the puppets and let it get hard. Then when you go to embed the toy it wont bubble or float up. They sell really well...esp the Ballerina's.
Have fun!

I have tried little lizards and plastic goldfish. They seem soft enough, but
I sent one to my granddaughter, and my daughter said that when the little
feet, or fin, or tail starts to become exposed, it is quite a hard, scratchy thing
in the soap.

So, I found soft, stretchy lizards and frogs at Michaels. They come about a
dozen for about $2.00. I noticed that they shrink a little after the soap ages a
couple of months. I'm thinking that the plastic toy expands a little from the
heat of the M & P and later, retracts. It leaves a perfect impression of the
original shape- doesn't shrink much. I called them "ice age reptiles" because
they looked like they were encased inside of a glacier!

I have also used rubber erasers that I have found at the dollar store- 8 or 10
in a package. I think the shaped rubber bands will work well.
Have fun!

Wow...great ideas! I ordered some of the natural m&p from wsp...hope it works ok! I need as natural as can be because my customers are use to my goats milk natural cp soap!

Just wondering at what temp. is a good temp. to pour if doing silly bands/bracelets in the soap?

tracey11474 said:
Just wondering at what temp. is a good temp. to pour if doing silly bands/bracelets in the soap?

I just made sure it was all melted smoothly & poured. I didn't check the temp. I made some for my brothers & cousins last month & they all turned out fine.

tisci said:
tracey11474 said:

I just made sure it was all melted smoothly & poured. I didn't check the temp. I made some for my brothers & cousins last month & they all turned out fine.
What type/size mold did you use?

I used a square mold from Michaels. I got mp soap & molds for my birthday, so I was making all kids of stuff. I put erasers in them & silly bands.

Update on silly band soaps....just finished a large craft fair and I am sad to report the silly band soaps were not a big seller :cry:

Lots of people commented favorably but they didn't sell....oh welll, I guess they will go in the goody bags for my daughters b-day party

Back