Christmas Morning Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Inspiration backstory:
When I was younger, everyone in our family would wake up at 6am on Christmas morning to a soundtrack set the night before. It takes a long time to get through gift-giving between 9 individuals, and everyone still had to be dressed up, enjoy a special breakfast, and get through chores before bundling into the van for the long drive to our grandparents for lunch.
Getting up early also meant watching the sky change colors as the sun rose, linking Christmas and sunrise in my mind, so I really wanted this to be a sunrise ombre.
My favorite Christmas time tea was called Sugarplum Spice, and it tastes exactly how it sounds. We didn't always get a tree, but if we did it was real, and frequently fragrant.
The soap:
WSP Sparkling Snowflake FO is a lovely blend of pine and spicy plum with just a little sweetness, so it was perfect for this.
The recipe was 45% butters since a high-butter trial gave the biggest bubbles of any of my recipes so far, and liquid was 100% hard apple cider with powdered sugar, Slippery Elm bark, and tussah silk. The mold looked like it would make an excellent bath/shower soap, which is where I hope this formula excels. I'm considering the ash spontaneous bedazzlement at this point, and some of these might become Christmas gifts. However, this was my first ever attempt at an ombre, so I may try again at some point.
ombre: charcoal black/blue with white sparkle/purple/pink/orange/yellow, each color got 1-2 gradients between it and the next.

Attachments

• IMG_20201004_234746.jpg
    IMG_20201004_234746.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20201004_234508.jpg
    IMG_20201004_234508.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back