Cheap Ingredients

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anybody know of any place to buy soap making ingredients for "cheap"? Maybe in bulk, or something?

Things like coconut oil, castor oil, etc.

soap

if you scroll down near the bottom of the forum index page, there is a section on recipes. soapmaker man posted a great recipe and you can buy all the stuff at walmart-except the lye-and he sells lye-among other good stuff!

also at the top right of your page, click on search and use key words walmart soap- it should take you right there.

this forum has some great post. i've learned alot just by search/key word.

Here's some ideas

I found that Wal-Mart has the cheapest price in coconut oil. It's in the baking aisle with the other cooking oils. If I remember, it's in a 32 oz. can for right around $5.

Castor Oil can be found in specialty stores or may be at a farmers market. A lot of times, they'll have hard to find oils that you may not find at the local grocery store.

As for olive oil, there's a place in Phoenix, AZ where I live that's called Smart & Final. It's a smaller version of a food wherehouse (like Costco) where some restauranters (and the general pulic as well) can go to get their food and cleaning products. I bought a gallon of extra virgin olive oil for under $10. So I don't know if there's one where you're at (or anything comparable).

Hope this helps.

You can find castor in smaller batches in the pharmacy dept at Walmart - it's a laxative, and also I used it to induce with my oldest..

Latest posts

Back