Center of CP soap cake still soft

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ntsc

Reaction score
Hi,

I made an 18# batch of soap yesterday using a recipe that I've used successfully in the past. When I checked on it today, 24 hours later, the center of the cake is still somewhat soft to the touch.

Any idea what happened? Can it be salvaged?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Is it too soft to cut? If not, I would cut it and give it a few days to dry before deciding what to do.

I'm afraid it's too soft to cut. It's strange, after doing somewhere around 200 batches, something like this happens.

Do you always make this recipe in as large as amount? Maybe your larger batch will need more time to harden? Other than that all I can add is as before, just wait and see what happens. Without knowing what you used or exactly what you did it's hard to help out.

I checked on it his morning and it appears to be hardening up. I did have to use paper towel to remove excess oil. I'm expecting oil pockets when I eventually do cut it. That's the crazy thing about soap making. You can do everything exactly the same from batch to batch and the unexpected happens.

I cut the soap tonight. Despite being a little soft, it turned out!

To answer a previous question, my 18 pound slab molds produce 60 bars that measure 2 1/2" X 3 1/4" X 1".

Thanks to everybody.

Back