Castile liquid soap first attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anita32

Reaction score
hello everyone
I made my first liquid Castile soap today. Followed soaping 101 recipe and diluted KOH with glycerin.
After the cook I used tea tree hydrosol, aloe juice and water to dilute. Now my liquid is separated though it has good bubbles.

What did I do wrong here?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 19
Recipe in weights of ALL ingredients and method, please. It's a courtesy to not expect others to do a lot of homework before giving advice.
Also --
Did you run the recipe through a soap recipe calculator?
What was the superfat % for your recipe?

I used Olive oil - 80%, Castor @ 10% and Coconut oil at 10%. I used soaping 101 method for making castile liquid soap, but diluted using distilled, water, tea tree hydrosol and aloe juice.
I did run the recipe through soap calc and it was superfat at 0%.

Please give the WEIGHTS of ALL of your ingredients, please. Percentages of oils do not tell me the numbers for all ingredients that you specifically used to make the soap. And again you're referring to someone else's method -- I'd like to hear what YOU did to make your soap.

My point here is to gather meaningful and useful information about your batch of soap so you can get the best advice possible.

1. Please give all of the recipe, in weights, please. Including the dilution ingredients. (BTW, it is not smart to dilute with anything except distilled water.)
2. Please detail all steps of your process. What was the temperature, what did the paste look like, how did you test for "doneness".
3. Please spray all those bubbles away with rubbing alcohol (note the word SPRAY), then take another pic to show separation.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back