Carrot Juice - dumb question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBien

Reaction score
I know this is kind of dumb, but here goes. I want to use carrot juice in a soap and I need to know how to make the juice. Or, can it be bought?

Stacie

Carrot Juice...dumb question

You need a proper juicer to make fresh carrot juice. It is a bit messy! You can buy fresh pressed carrot juice at many of the health food stores. Just the other day I saw some that was not fresh pressed, it was bottled and had a shelf life. I like to use puree of baby carrots and then subtract some water from my liquid amount to compensate for the added fluid in the puree. Makes a wonderful soap with buttermilk!

I have only used baby food carrots and honey , makes a very nice soap . Just decrease your water by whatever juice or food etc , that you use.

Kitn

I did Gerber organic baby food. I did a 3 oz container , and did 4 lb batch.
The soap came out a really pretty color.

If you don't have a juicer but want fesh juice for your soap, you can always puree fresh carrots in a food processor or powerful blender and then strain.

Or, if you have a Jamba Juice store nearby, you can order a fresh carrot juice to go and use that for your soap.

Or- as ReallyRita mentioned, the natural food stores like Sprouts and Wholefoods sell bottled carrot juice in the refrigerated section. I've used it before in a pinch with very good results.

IrishLass :)

Another silly question... obviously you cook the carrots before puree them but do you add the carrots (and honey) with the water or at trace?

carrot Juice...dumb question

No, you do not need to add a preservative or vit. E. The lye will take care of all of that. I add both my carrot puree (cooked or baby food jar carrots or carrot juice) and my honey at emulsion or very early "trace". I like to give the lye a little time to lose its inital ummph before putting the additives into the mixture. Sometimes, though, I have stired my liquid honey into the warm oils before adding the lye. When I use powdered honey (much easier to deal with), I make a slurry of it in a bit of warm water and then add it at that moment when the oils and the water have come together in an emulsion. Well combined but not to full trace yet. Watch for overheating as honey will do that and also, carrots have natural sugars in them so that could cause some overheating or cracking. I prop my wooden lid up off the mold with chop sticks and check it alot in the first 6 hours for that dreaded overheating.

i love to use carrot baby food as well. gives such a nice color, i use it with pumpkin when i make a pumpkin soap.

Latest posts

Back