Car Shopping...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pug Mom

Reaction score
I hate car shopping.... I am driving a 2002 Honda CR-V. I love this car to death, but it has 180,000 miles on it, and I can't count on it to be reliable forever...although so far (knocking on wood) it hasn't given me ONE OUNCE of trouble!

So, I am car shopping. I am trying to make a deal on a new 09 Acura MDX. Does anyone drive this car? Anyone I know that has it LOVES it.... I am waiting to hear back from the dealership down the street to see if they can beat the price of the much larger Boston Dealer.. I hope they can. I don't want to drive to Boston to buy a car, but I will if I have to.

BTW, I am keeping my CR-V because no one will give me what it is worth, and it will cost me next to nothing to keep it on the road...

My dad just bought that same exact car. He lives in Dallas, but drove to Oklahoma to get one with the features he wanted in stock at a better price. They've only had it about a month, but he seems quite happy with the way it preforms.

I hate car shopping. When I needed to buy a new car I had just gotten back from vacation. We had rented a Pacifica in Vegas, drove it to Los Angeles and then up the PCH. I knew where all the buttons were, knew it was comfortable, and really didn't feel like hunting for a car. I called the dealer down the road, he had it, I bought it. Easy Peasy.

From what I've heard, Hondas with proper maintenance can last til 300,000 miles or so. DH has a 1999 CR-V and it's had next to no issues, he keeps talking about getting a new car (read: pick-up truck... UGH!) and I keep trying to talk him out of it. I think it's because of the fire dept., they all have trucks, they also (mostly) have mustaches.... just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't make it ok!*

*just noticed that DH has a 2 day growth of mustache... he says it's for "comedy" but he's tried it too many times! I don't know what it is about him w/a "mo." Everytime he tries to grow one, I don't want him near me, and he says "it's still me!" I really appreciate the comedy factor, but I get freaked out for some reason when certain people have mustaches!! :shock:

Thanks Deda, that helps. I have not heard anything negative about this car!

I agree, a Honda can last forever... But I am single, and can not have an unreliable form of transportation. My car is 8 years old, and I still love it, but I want something bigger and nicer.... I know, need/want...big difference!

I HIGHLY recommend, if you're planning on buying a new car- going to carbuyingtips.com. I used it a few years ago when buying my old new Beetle (sold it)- I saved SO much money! They don't try to sell you anything, it's just really good advice to realize what's a scam and what's not, research resources, etc.

I guess I have an easier time with DH keeping his 10 year-old CR-V because I drive my BMW every day... :oops:

Acura is also made by Honda, same great cars.

I'd be patient and keep looking for the deal you want. The CRV isn't going anywhere so don't be in a hurry :D

Back