CandleScience.com having a sample sale!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a freaking idiot. Was too busy fighting with a retarded (now ex) boyfriend to remember to put my order in. I wonder if I contact them if they'd give me a chance at the sale again. :/

Doesn't hurt to email and ask. The most they can do is say no.

If they won't let you, which were the ones you were really looking to get? I got so many (probably 30 or more) that I couldn't use them all in any amount of time. I'd be plenty happy to send you what you wanted if I had some.

I'm going to shoot them an email, if I can figure out how to! Hopefully I can still get in on the sale, but if not, then I can just order one or two new fragrances. I really appreciate your offer though, that's extremely generous of you!

ETA: I just shot an email to the support email, which hopefully works. It was one from when they emailed me from with one of my previous orders, saying if you had any questions, please feel free to email, lol.

Out for delivery!

my candle science stuff is out for delivery!!! I have a large soaping weekend. I am making my autistic niece a soap with fruit slices with 3 colors. I am using pink, raspberry blue, and peach colors. Her new habit is taking all shower gels opening the caps and pouring them all over her and the floor. So.. I am designing something just for her. I will also use the cotton candy. I will let you all know. I found a tremendous tip on another board for F/O
Here it is: add some warmed reserved base oils to finicky FO/EOs before adding to batch. This tends to calm bad behaviour.
They also suggest to mix in F/O with a whisk rather than SB to prevent with the ricing.
I have never done these but will this weekend

Alas.. I must wait for the next sale! I did just soap the Dragon's Blood though. It would've turned the soap brown, but I used black oxide to combat that. It didn't seem to speed trace, though I didn't beat my red as much as I did the black, so it was runnier. The white (no scent) traced just as quickly as the scented portion.

got my f/o's in the mail yesterday. I opened the lids and smelled them and they all smell great from the bottle!

Now it's off to soaping..................

Do these FO's have natural fragrance? I'm so allergic to synthetics. I bought a kit with shower gels and when I opened the box, the heavy musk started to close up my respiratory. I haven't opened it again.

Lilahblossom said:
Do these FO's have natural fragrance? I'm so allergic to synthetics. I bought a kit with shower gels and when I opened the box, the heavy musk started to close up my respiratory. I haven't opened it again.

I'm not sure if they have a natural fragrance, but many FO's no longer contain musk. Or, if they do, it will state so on the supplier website.

Also, what kind of synthetics are you allergic to?

Has anyone soaped their fragrances yet? I'm thinking of putting in another order. I could still kick myself in the arse for missing the sale though. I have one more review to add:

Pinecones: Smells just like pine, not that sickening pinesol type scent. Doesn't affect my breathing (pine cleaners do for some reason). As for CP soaping, it soaps like a dream. No discoloration, no acceleration. :)

Right now, I want to see if anyone has soaped any of the following yet...
Peach
Honeydew Melon
Green Tea and Lemongrass
Cotton Candy
Honeysuckle Jasmine
Golden Rose
Watermelon
Honeysuckle
Those are all tenatively on my shopping list, but haven't seen any CP reviews, so not sure that I want to plunk down $8-$9 on each 8oz bottle or not yet, lol.

bettacreek said:
Has anyone soaped their fragrances yet? I'm thinking of putting in another order. I could still kick myself in the arse for missing the sale though. I have one more review to add:

Pinecones: Smells just like pine, not that sickening pinesol type scent. Doesn't affect my breathing (pine cleaners do for some reason). As for CP soaping, it soaps like a dream. No discoloration, no acceleration. :)

Right now, I want to see if anyone has soaped any of the following yet...
Peach
Honeydew Melon
Green Tea and Lemongrass
Cotton Candy
Honeysuckle Jasmine
Golden Rose
Watermelon
Honeysuckle
Those are all tenatively on my shopping list, but haven't seen any CP reviews, so not sure that I want to plunk down $8-$9 on each 8oz bottle or not yet, lol.

I have not soaped any of those yet but have a few yet to do. I have found all Candlescience's FOs so far that I have tried to perform wonderfully, most even decelerate trace for me. Except for Love Spell. That seemed to speed things up a little.

I did Dragon's Blood and Fruit Slices. I'm not caring for the DB anymore though that was a family member's fault, not mine :lol She put the shotglass I used to measure the DB into the dishwasher before I realized what she did so our dishwasher smells like it. Discolors to lighter medium brown. I soaped this batch around 110-115, but I didn't add until I got to trace. By the time I got it stirred in, it was pretty thick but didn't create air pockets.

Fruit Slices is SO yummy! It did turn a cream color, or a really light tan. I got a partial gel on it so the gelled part is a tiny bit darker than the light tan. I did pour an unscented log before I added the scent to the rest of it, and the FS is a tad bit darker than the unscented. Still a pretty cream. About the same as the DB, when I got it stirred all the way into the traced batter, it was thick but pourable with no air pockets.

I wasn't that impressed with CS's Dragon's Blood although they make a number of fragrances that I like.

It lost its complexity as the soap cured.

bettacreek said:

Thanks for sharing. It's good to hear it does well in soap since I didn't use it in soap. I used it in air freshener bags but I love the scent, too.

Latest posts

Back