Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, she really does some spectacular work. Those "drop" soaps are gorgeous, my fave is still the one you posted, I really love that color. And I agree, some of them do remind me of the fishnet soap!

Saponeta is indeed a talented soapmaker! I think she will be very pleased that her soaps reminded you the fishnet soap, I know it was her intention to get such a look. She has really mastered this technique! She wrote somewhere on the net that the yellow soap was possible thanks to Tatsiana steso, as Saponeta is a student at steso's soap making school.
Tatsiana also has created a soap with this technique (the last one on the page):
http://bysteso.blogspot.com/2015/11/blog-post.html

Saponeta is indeed a talented soapmaker! I think she will be very pleased that her soaps reminded you the fishnet soap, I know it was her intention to get such a look. She has really mastered this technique! She wrote somewhere on the net that the yellow soap was possible thanks to Tatsiana steso, as Saponeta is a student at steso's soap making school.
Tatsiana also has created a soap with this technique (the last one on the page):
http://bysteso.blogspot.com/2015/11/blog-post.html

What I wouldn't give to be able to attend Tatsiana's school! She's such a talented and generous soapmaker. Her round soaps with rims are amazing. Have you seen the snakeskin one on this page? http://bysteso.blogspot.com/ I think my jaw hit the floor when I saw that one. And Saponeta is obviously talented in her own right. Their work is truly inspiring.

This really caught my eye. When I saw it, my first thought was that it looked like a cut onion and I thought it was very clever. I didn't realize for a day or two that it was odd that I am now thinking of things like onions as being great models/ideas for soap.

As long as it's not onion scented. :)

It's interesting to me how many of these techniques are generated independently in numerous places but they seem to come to the surface around the same time. I won a contest last year using the traveling faux technique but would never have called it that and then have seen it on a number of people's blogs as well. Same as the circling taiwan technique- it suddenly popped up in a few places independently (including here) but it seems to take a person with a popular shop or blog to light a fire under it. Kind of like inventions as they seem to be ready to be made at the same time in a few places. Makes one wonder.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 1.47.58 PM.jpg

I am constantly looking for interesting soaps made by people who are not that well-known; I don't want to post pics of soaps by the same people all the time, but it can be difficult to find them. I started looking through the blogs of people who sign up for the GCSC to find what else they are up to but unfortunately most people use the blogs just for the challenges and don't post their other soaps on them. Ah well. Still, I thought I'd post some of the one I like from some of the challenges.

I like the mild translucency the person achieved in #6. The person who made #7 used high and low water to do a Ghost Swirl a la AUntie CLara and used her mica divider technique as well. No colorants other than the mica.

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 6.08.53 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 6.09.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 6.11.45 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 6.12.35 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 6.15.06 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 6.17.37 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 6.21.11 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 6.23.26 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 6.24.53 PM.png

It's interesting to me how many of these techniques are generated independently in numerous places but they seem to come to the surface around the same time.
newbie, Ulyana is also a student at steso's school, and practicing the traveling faux funnel technique was our homework for October and November. I don't know much about the circling taiwan technique though... I think Amy's soap challenge is responsible for its popularity. The pictures you posted are beautiful!

Newbie, have a look at soap magic on Facebook. They post a lot of Asian soapers work that I don't come across a lot and they post an awful lot of soapers I have never seen before from all over the world. They might give you some new sources of inspiration :)

Wow, I see some amazing soaps too. I want to do them so bad... will have to try some more CP I suppose. Someday I hope to be able to make some pretty soap too.

I thought that person might be connected to Steso but I wasn't certain. The circling Taiwan swirl came up a lot some months ago. I saw it on some well-visited blogs, one an asian soaper, before Amy decided on it as a challenge. It had already gained quite a bit of popularity by the time she chose it. Just popped up all of a sudden, as these things do.

Will check out the FB site. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 1.43.03 PM.png

Are you talking about the soap magic dispenser page? I don't know if I have it in me to scroll through pages and pages of advertisement for that dispenser to find the posters. Holy cow.

I think this may be the color. It sure is puuuurty!!!!
Amaranth Mica Powder 1oz, Metallic Burgundy Powder, Cosmetic Grade Mica - Slice of the Moon

amaranth-mica.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh, I have that blue and lavender Mondrian-type bar on my Pinterest board. I've been obsessing about it for months.

Back