Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the small things in life, like enjoying the curve of this swirl. I don't know why, but that lead bar just makes me happy. Its swoop is so good.

Screen shot 2015-02-24 at 9.08.19 PM.png

I think that soap was made in a slap mold, the swirl was partially combed and then chopsticked ( yeah I know, I made up that word).

might be a tilted tiger stripe. one striping one way and then tilted the opposite way and then solid in between with a swirled top

I am speaking of the Eves garden soap

Last edited:
Very clever, it looks like a pebble with striations. How do you think they achieved it?

My guess would be a tiger strip or titled tiger stripe that they then shape into that round stone shape. Or maybe they did the layering in one of those large spherical molds and shaped it from there. I can't tell how big the soap is, but it's danged cool.

Thisone has a great swirl in and on top of the soap and they appear connected.

Screen shot 2015-03-24 at 6.38.23 PM.png

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1427378575.492995.jpg

I LOVE this one! It looks like it was done in a log mould but I can't figure out how they got the swirls horizontal like that. It looks almost like a funnel pour but vertical now laying on its side. The website is written in (what looks to me like) Spanish so I can't read about it! Anyway, love the colours and swirls!

I've watched a few of his videos -Not 100% sure, but I think he is the friend that Omar refers to in his posts

It looks like they poured it in in stripes, kind of like a tiger stripe, but instead of going straight down the middle they alternated left and right. Hard to try and explain!

I gotcha Saponista! I'm just wondering how they got the top couple stripes so consistently circular? That's why it reminds me of a funnel pour. Either way, it's gorgeous!

View attachment 13310

I LOVE this one! It looks like it was done in a log mould but I can't figure out how they got the swirls horizontal like that. It looks almost like a funnel pour but vertical now laying on its side. The website is written in (what looks to me like) Spanish so I can't read about it! Anyway, love the colours and swirls!

If I'm not mistaken, these soaps are from this blog.... http://www.jabonesramy.com/ I've been fascinated by several of the techniques shown there, and if you look, you'll see that there is a course offered. Unfortunately for me, the course includes other techniques that I'm not particularly interested in, and costs 115 Euros, or about $126. There are some techniques I've never seen done anywhere else, like the one in the pic that you posted. Really beautiful! And I can't figure out for the life of me, how they're done.

Latest posts

Back