Bigger lotion batches?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citymouse

Reaction score
Does anyone make and bottle lotion in large batches? I am trying to find an efficient way to get it bottled before it cools and thickens on me. i have tried the pour using a funnel method which works with small batches and also tried the method of putting it into a baggie and squeezing it in (and made a HUGE mess). Is there a reasonably priced piece of equipment i can purchase or a method i just don't know of that would help?

You shouldn't bottle anything before it's completely cooled. Otherwise you are likely to get condensation inside the container. That is a perfect way to grow mold. Any antifungal preservative you are using isn't going to protect the condensation water from mold spores, only the emulsified product itself.

wow I am so glad i found this site because I probably would have put it in the bottle while tit was still hot too and created the perfect environment for mold , mildew etc. Thanks for the advice.

Back