Big Rant...sister

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry you are having to face this. It is so hard as our parents age as it is. Praying you find wise ways to deal with all the issues you face.

Sending out hugs and good vibes to you! Feeling quite helpless as I'm sure the others are, that there's not much we can do to help but send wishes and keep you in our prayers.

Hopefully the universe will right itself before anything really bad happens.. But in the meantime, be strong! For your daughter, your mom and the other family members. Things like those don't happen to the weak they say....

And oh, being educated means next to nothing sometimes. Often the ones who have done very less or poorly in school end up better people than those who have double PhDs or something.

Document everything Carolyn, including witnesses. Social or Mental Health people might have very good reason to consider her incompetent or mentally ill. Its a very unpredictable and volatile situation and I'm concerned for your safety - you need all the proper people on your side you can get.

And Marilyn asks a very good question.

Best wishes on having a really shark like lawyer on your side.
I do wish you and your family all the best.

Best wishes on having a really shark like lawyer on your side.
I do wish you and your family all the best.
Thank you Angie. I have hired a lawyer or I should say we are talking and he is checking on what we can do. We are hoping to keep out of litigation.

do you wonder if she is being violent with your mom?
Not at this point but I am afraid that she might be if my mom says something that sets her off. She did push me into my mom and that could have hurt her. What she is doing is manipulating my mom to get what she wants, which is everything.

If worst comes to worst, you could call the state or county and say you are worried that your sister may be abusing your mother. I know it's not the best solution, but it sounds like she is quite volatile and your mom cannot defend herself.

I have two reports to Adult Protective Services and have told them I am afraid for my mom. Especially since she took my step dad off his antibiotic and he ended up with full blown Sepsis and I am betting his out of control edema was a side effect of the Sepsis. Do not know that it was a complication of the Sepsis but I told APS about it.

My sister's violence is escalating, she me attacked me today trying to take away a paper my mom was signing to revoke the eviction, or at the least re-assess it at the end of the year. She actually pushed me over the tv tray my mom was using into her lap. What a mess

What an awful mess indeed! I hope with everything in me that you were able to keep the paper out of your sister's grasping hands.......and that you weren't hurt in the process. Sounds like you may need to always have someone else with you when you're there.

I'm so glad you are consulting with a lawyer.

You continue in my prayers.

IrishLass :)

I have two reports to Adult Protective Services and have told them I am afraid for my mom. Especially since she took my step dad off his antibiotic and he ended up with full blown Sepsis and I am betting his out of control edema was a side effect of the Sepsis. Do not know that it was a complication of the Sepsis but I told APS about it.

Are you saying your sister took your step dad off his antibiotic?? And he subsequently died from the sepsis? If these two things are true, isn't this some class of manslaughter, legally speaking???

... What is really bad is she is coming down from Oxycodone after 14 yrs of 5 per day and has become very mean...

...My sister's violence is escalating, she me attacked me today trying to take away a paper my mom was signing to revoke the eviction, or at the least re-assess it at the end of the year. She actually pushed me over the tv tray my mom was using into her lap. What a mess...

...Not at this point but I am afraid that she might be if my mom says something that sets her off. She did push me into my mom and that could have hurt her...

... Especially since she took my step dad off his antibiotic and he ended up with full blown Sepsis and I am betting his out of control edema was a side effect of the Sepsis. ...

Caroline, this reads like domestic violence.
If protective services make an application for a protection order, she'll be kept away from the people she's hurting.
That would place all of your Mum's care on you and your family ... a tough situation.
Stay safe.

Little possible update. I might be able to make life miserable for my sister and out of the house. I am picking up a hospital report from April 2015 where it states my mom has dementia. APS is now going to open up a full Elder Abuse Case. Last week when I tried for kidnapping my mom the officer told me if I had anything indication dementia they would have been able to do something. We shall see, I never count my chickies before they hatch

Little possible update. I might be able to make life miserable for my sister and out of the house. I am picking up a hospital report from April 2015 where it states my mom has dementia. APS is now going to open up a full Elder Abuse Case. Last week when I tried for kidnapping my mom the officer told me if I had anything indication dementia they would have been able to do something. We shall see, I never count my chickies before they hatch

good luck

I've been meaning to ask how things were going... Hope everything works out for you and your mom.

What an awful mess indeed! I hope with everything in me that you were able to keep the paper out of your sister's grasping hands.......and that you weren't hurt in the process. Sounds like you may need to always have someone else with you when you're there.

I'm so glad you are consulting with a lawyer.

You continue in my prayers.

IrishLass :)
Thankyou, and yes I have consulted a lawyer. He is just waiting to see what I come up with.

Carolyn. You continue in my thoughts. I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you have resources and support to help with this situation. I agree with @SaltedFig this reads like abuse. I hope you are taking care of yourself. Stress can be debilitating physically, mentally and emotionally. Hugs. Clarice

I'm so sorry that you have to go thru all of this. I'm sending big bear hugs and lots of prayers your way. I hope that everything works out well for your and your mom.

Back