Beveling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackiK

Reaction score
I found some kind of a box thing with a blade in it used to bevel the edges. How do you guys do it? The cost of the box was like $29 plus shipping. Is it worth it?

My hands are not steady AT ALL, so doing it by hand is not an option fo rme. The joys of growing older :(

Thanks!

The boxes are great and can be used to plane the soap as well which can save a bar sometimes.

This said, I don't bevel any more - I just run the back of my thumb along the edge...

I was using a vegetable peeler, but took carebears advise and now I use my nail, quicker and easier. I do listen sometimes :lol:

Relle.

I have a little beveller tool I got from the same place that sells the Tank - its a little L shaped piece of composite with a tiny little wire placed at an angle.

I just run my soap bars through that.

Bukawww said:
I have a little beveller tool I got from the same place that sells the Tank - its a little L shaped piece of composite with a tiny little wire placed at an angle.

I just run my soap bars through that.

I just went to their site and looked at it. That looks a lot easier to use and the price is definitely better!

My Dad is bringing me a cutter he built for me. Can't wait to use it and post pics. He loves projects, so this was perfect for him.

Thanks!

Lyn said:
I think it is an invaluable asset I use mine to bevel and to tidy up soap and to make curls wonderful piece of equipment

I was thinking about the curls last night. I've seen others use them as decoration. Can't wait to get one.

paillo said:
i have a teeny planer (cheap) from the hardware store. the blade can be adjusted for depth. it's quick, easy, and makes nice curls too :)

I live only two blocks from Ace Hardware. Will have to check it out. Always glad to save a few bucks.

I haven't the foggiest what you are asking

But i used one for beveling when I did that, and still tidy up some bars by planing them with it.

carebear said:
I haven't the foggiest what you are asking

But i used one for beveling when I did that, and still tidy up some bars by planing them with it.

The box in the picture is very similar to the one I was originally asking about.

paillo said:
i have a teeny planer (cheap) from the hardware store. the blade can be adjusted for depth. it's quick, easy, and makes nice curls too :)

I'm guessing you find it with the hobby type tools like a dremel? Or with the regular planers?

kelleyaynn said:
paillo said:

I'm guessing you find it with the hobby type tools like a dremel? Or with the regular planers?

my SO bought it for me at ace hardware, so probably in the regular planers section. it looks exactly like a regular planer, but it's only an inch wide and three inches long. i love my little planer :)

paillo said:
my SO bought it for me at ace hardware, so probably in the regular planers section. it looks exactly like a regular planer, but it's only an inch wide and three inches long. i love my little planer :)

I am going to have to check that out....off to the hardware store!

I actually found a small mini one for $7 at Ace Hardware. Works great. One more gadget to add to my stash. :D

Latest posts

Back