Best way to make labels .

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a cigar band label that completely covers the soap but leaves the ends open for sniffing. I print on 20# card stock, 3 labels just fit side-by-side across the page in landscape mode. At the time, they cost 3¢ each to make. Since I retired, I'm sure the cost for paper & ink has gone up.

1700947055482.png

For a box label, I make the same cigar band but shorter. I wrap the top and 2 sides and leave the bottom open for sniffing.
TOP.jpg
Wrapped.jpg

INGREDS.jpg
SIDE.jpg

I use a cigar band label that completely covers the soap but leaves the ends open for sniffing. I print on 20# card stock, 3 labels just fit side-by-side across the page in landscape mode. At the time, they cost 3¢ each to make. Since I retired, I'm sure the cost for paper & ink has gone up.

View attachment 75370

For a box label, I make the same cigar band but shorter. I wrap the top and 2 sides and leave the bottom open for sniffing.
View attachment 75371View attachment 75374
View attachment 75372View attachment 75373
wow that's a great tip.

thanks so much . Always giving me great advice .

Cheers :)

I cut my own custom boxes on a cricut and label them with labels I print myself. I'm very excited, I just got a color printer.
Amazing . Was the cricut hard to learn . I was looking into that .

I do have professional box’s I have made . But so expensive.

I want to launch more soaps for farmers market and don’t have the money right now to get all my box’s printed

Amazing . Was the cricut hard to learn . I was looking into that .

I do have professional box’s I have made . But so expensive.

I want to launch more soaps for farmers market and don’t have the money right now to get all my box’s printed
Some people seem to have difficulty learning it but it was easy for me. I find it mostly self explanatory and what you don't know, you can google. It does take time though. And I had to create the type of box I wanted using it's Design Space program.

Some people seem to have difficulty learning it but it was easy for me. I find it mostly self explanatory and what you don't know, you can google. It does take time though. And I had to create the type of box I wanted using it's Design Space program.
Im considering it strongly . Great work . Id love to see them .

I just paid 4000 dollars for boxes . But I have so many soaps could only afford to do 5.

I use 80lb Ohuhu card stock that I print on, cut to size, wrap around and use a dab of superglue to seal.
I was looking at a bunch of different card stocks . Im looking to do belly bands as well .

Coming through again. Thank you :)

Im considering it strongly . Great work . Id love to see them .

I just paid 4000 dollars for boxes . But I have so many soaps could only afford to do 5.
Ouch that's expensive. Each box plus labels for me is currently about twenty cents. Plus my time, of course. I can't justify buying custom boxes elsewhere because they can't remotely approach that price.

Last edited:
Ouch that's expensive. Each box plus labels for me is currently about twenty cents. Plus my time, of course. I can't justify buying custom boxes elsewhere because they can't remotely approach that price.
3000 boxes . 1.30

But next order will go down to 70cents 6000 boxes .

Im trying to get into stores . My brother has a big mens grooming line for the hair. In over 150 store . So the goal is to have the marketing / packaging and work my way up .

First run. Then after a couple ill go to china and get them remade there with hopes to pay much cheaper.

the other packaging im working on for farmers market . Have more soaps and have fun with it . Lately I feel like a robot .

3000 boxes . 1.30

But next order will go down to 70cents 6000 boxes .

Im trying to get into stores . My brother has a big mens grooming line for the hair. In over 150 store . So the goal is to have the marketing / packaging and work my way up .

First run. Then after a couple ill go to china and get them remade there with hopes to pay much cheaper.

the other packaging im working on for farmers market . Have more soaps and have fun with it . Lately I feel like a robot .
Not so sure I want to be that big but we will see what happens. I want to retain complete control over my business.

Sounds like you may need to hire some help.

View attachment 75370

View attachment 75371View attachment 75374
View attachment 75372View attachment 75373
I don't see any sodium hydroxide on that label, Zany. Do we not have to put that in the ingredients list? I'm literally refining my first labels (a variation of your ZNSC recipe, actually) and I've seen the 'what goes in the pot' method and the 'what comes out of the pot' method for listing ingredients, but yours appears to be a mix of both. Now, I'm seriously scratching my head.

Latest posts

Back