Best Smelling FO - Rose

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv2Soap

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I would like to make a soap to honor my mother, she was my Wild Irish Rose. So, I was thinking of making a soap with a rose scent to it. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about the best smelling rose FO? Buying an FO scares me because I can't smell it first :)

Thanks for your help!

I use Fresh Cut Roses from Nature's Garden. I'm not a floral person but my customers seem to like it a lot. Someone recommended it to me a couple years ago and I've just stuck with it. I make straight rose and a honeysuckle rose too.

I second Fresh Cut Roses from NG. I really like that one. I've also tried their Victorian Rose but I don't like that as much.

Depends on what you want. For a natural EOlike note, I like True Rose from Sweetcakes. It is a green, natural scent. I also really like some of the more floral examples that downplay the green notes, like Rose Petals from Camden Grey. I'm a sucker for rose, so I enjoy many variations of it, but I will say I found BBs rose scents underwhelming, although I have used them for blending to good effect.

I like Sweetcakes True Rose but was even more impressed by Elements Pink Petals. I hated WSP's Fresh Cut Rose OOB. So incredibly 'green' I might use it for St Patricks Day :-o

Hi Julie!
I make a rose soap in memory of my maternal grandmother - she was my "Cherokee Rose" :)
I've tried a few rose FO's, but my favorite by far is WSP's Rose Garden. Everyone's nose is different, but to me this smells just like my heirloom roses in the garden.

I love SC True Rose, too, and am not so much of a rose person. Smells as if you are walking by a rose blossom and stick your nose into it, extremely fresh, pretty and true. It is pretty speedy, though. I like it so much that I am going to keep trying with it, B& B if nothing else.

Last edited:
I agree with NG Fresh Cut Roses. I also like to add a bit of NG Fresh Cut Grass. The 2 together really make it smell like rose bushes in the lawn. In this pic I have the rose scent on top (pink) and the grass on the bottom (green). Just a fun suggestion!

Grass & Roses.jpg

I third the Nature's Garden Fresh Cut Roses. It's a lovely rose even though I'm not a floral person. It behaves wonderfully too.

Would anyone be willing to send me a sniffie of NG Fresh Cut roses? I'm looking for a good rose scent, but have tried many and don't like them. I'm using Euphoria by CC now and it's ok and sticks very well, but I'm on the fence about it.

I've tried True Rose & Red Rose (SC), White Rose & Bergamot (Soapalooza), Victorian Rose (CC), Rose Petals (Leb). The only one I liked was Victorian Rose, but I did not think it was strong enough.

I'm getting ready to order Sensuous Black Rose by Elements to see if I like that one, but I don't order from NG often and did not want to place an order if I don't have to.

I would be willing to send sniffies as a thank you. I have many fragrances and just found a great one from Lebermuth for Tuberose.

I just got a new bottle in. I'd be willing to send you a little bit of the fo or I have an end piece of the soap I made so you could see how it holds up in soap.

I haven't soaped with it yet, but this week I got Cannabis Rose from NGC and it's a nice rose smell to me (I couldn't pick up the cannabis, but according to the reviews that's pretty standard). I'll have to see if it lives up to it's no R/A/D claim...

Would anyone be willing to send me a sniffie of NG Fresh Cut roses? I'm looking for a good rose scent, but have tried many and don't like them. I'm using Euphoria by CC now and it's ok and sticks very well, but I'm on the fence about it.

I've tried True Rose & Red Rose (SC), White Rose & Bergamot (Soapalooza), Victorian Rose (CC), Rose Petals (Leb). The only one I liked was Victorian Rose, but I did not think it was strong enough.

I'm getting ready to order Sensuous Black Rose by Elements to see if I like that one, but I don't order from NG often and did not want to place an order if I don't have to.

I would be willing to send sniffies as a thank you. I have many fragrances and just found a great one from Lebermuth for Tuberose.

I did message you to say I will send you some NG FCR (and would love some to try Lebermuth's Tuberose!). I have over a dozen different rose FO's if you already have someone for the NG rose...

Aline - I already pm'd hmlove 1218 regarding the NG FCR, but let's PM for sure. I did not get an alert of your pm, I will check again now. Thanks!

I have BBs Baby Rose. It's strong and holds on forever but it smells more like rose fragrance than real roses, if you know what I mean. I put some on a piece of paper the other day and it really carries. However, I think it needs to be blended to smell true. Just putting that out there in case you were considering ordering it at some point; the other ones mentioned would likely be the better options.

Latest posts

Back