Bentonite clay

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gogreen

Reaction score
I recently purchased the wrong clay from my supplier. I ended up buying bentonite clay. I tired to look up the benefits of adding it to soap, but have found very little information other than it "detoxifies". Is it generally ok to use on sensitive skin? Does it help anchor EO's? How much to add PPO? ANY info on this clay would be appreciated!

It is commonly used in shaving soap as it creates the "slip" factor. The amount depends on prefernce.. 1 tsp to 1 tbsp per pound.

I make an unscented Green Tea and Bentonite Clay soap for oily skin. Green Tea infusion for the liquid and 40 grams clay to 1000 grams of oil.

My customers swear by it, even adults who suffer from acne on their shoulders and backs.

clay in sea salt bar??

Soo....I have some bentonite clay and know it is good for oily skin and for purifying, what do you think about adding this to a sea salt bar? and will it color the soap at all? (that would be cool!)

You can't go wrong having another type and color of clay on your solids shelf. It will be there when you need it. I keep my solids in alphabetical order, on a 5 tier shelf.

And transfer the contents from the original packaging to standard sized, transparent deli cups with snap on lids. All the solids will look more orderly when they are in uniform and transparent packages; you can see the contents easily, and visitors become intrigued by the array of colors and textures on display.

Latest posts

Back