Bath bomb not creating any fizz..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaan

Reaction score
I made a bath bomb for the first time..1 cup baking soda,1/2 cup citric acid,1/2 cup cornflour,4 tablespoons oil,1 teaspoon fragrance oil,1 tablespoon oatmeal powder,1 tablespoon milkpowder..while mixing it created fizz,but when i poured into tub,it dint react at all..i had to break it by hand and mix it in water..it is semi solid,soft and could break easily.

Sounds like you had either too much reaction while making them or they absorbed moisture while drying out. I just had this with a batch. I used oil only to hold mine together. There was no fizz but I still got bubbles because of slsa.

How much water did you use? You generally don't want to see fizzing when you add the water. I either use a spray bottle to add the water, or mix using the balloon whisk in my stand mixer adding water drop by drop. I also use oils or melted cocoa butter as part of the liquid allotment, and wrap well after they have dried.

1 teaspoon water..i used alchohol spray..it was of wet sand consistency..i was about to put it in molds,it was suddenly dry again..so i added water n it was very cold to touch..it was quite wet so i added oatmeal,cornmeal and milk powder to bind it together..i think i added more oil..what should i keep in mind,and what should be a good recipie for a very fizzy bomb.

1 tsp is way too much for the ratio of other ingredients... use maybe 1/8 teaspoon...

I've never heard of putting cornflour in bath bombs, but if you insist, I would far lessen the amount, maybe a tablespoon or less.

If the mixture fizzes when you're mixing it, then it will not fizz upon using it.

1 tsp is way too much for the ratio of other ingredients... use maybe 1/8 teaspoon...

I've never heard of putting cornflour in bath bombs, but if you insist, I would far lessen the amount, maybe a tablespoon or less.

If the mixture fizzes when you're mixing it, then it will not fizz upon using it.

This post is over 2 years old. The OP hasn't been here in ages.

Thank you very much for your help peach! I have tried other recipes since i posted this,and they worked well.

Back