Bamboo Candles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agriffin

Reaction score
BC1.JPG

BC3.JPG

BC4.JPG

BC5.JPG

Stained and sealed...gotta let them dry. We'll fill them in a couple of days.

I love those! I did not know you could stain bamboo like that. Really nice!

What if you sealed the bottom and filled them with bath salts or / bubble/milk bath. I see them wrapped in cello. Are they big enough to put a bar inside?

Lorie

Very attractive! They'd also make nice vases for dried flower arrangements. Have you considered making stencils and adding designs on them like Oriental characters? (Just a thought)

These are lovely! Please post some pics of the completed projects. I can't wait to see!

a vase...of course...and what if...I made bamboo stick molds for soap to sit in that vase? You could have the amazing candles and the soaps right there....Zen central :D I'd be happy to make them if anyone is interested.

Lorie

I stained them with rit fabric dye. Where each notch is on the bamboo it is solid. So that is the bottom for the candle. So for instance on the purple candle where that notch is in the middle...it is solid. So the bottom is sort of a stand and the top will be filled with wax.

You can do so many things with these. Bath salts is a great idea. We're already going to make some soap dishes.

Yes, Hazel...my BF is pretty artsy fartsy so he has all sorts of ideas for decorating.

060.JPG

Here in the orange one you can see where the bottom is. Everywhere there is a notch it is solid.

They are anywhere from 3.5-6 inches across. The bamboo poles taper.

those are really pretty containers!!

i may be being ignorant but i have to ask... isn't bamboo flammable? i thought you're not "supposed to" put candles into flammable holders?
sorry if it is a dumb question but i dont make candles and havent done much research on them...

If you seal them they don't burn. If you didn't seal them the wood would soak up the FO/EO and it would catch fire pretty easily.

Latest posts

Back