Not bad!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pam East

Reaction score
Here is is. My first batch of soap in almost a decade. This was the first time I used the silicone flower molds and I over filled them a bit. I'd use less in each mold next time.

This is a formula that Colleen Trickett, a soap maker in GA helped me develop. She was my teacher and very helpful and generous. I wanted a soap for getting stains off my hands from working with copper and and bronze (I'm a jewelry artist). but I wanted something gentler than Lava Soap.

This is a high fat soap (I may not have the terminology right. It's been a loooooong time) and the abrasive grit is Sodium PreCarbonate. Basically the active ingredient in oxy clean. Combined with water it converts to hydrogen peroxide, which helps lift stains. It works better than Lava soap IMO. I've gotten everything but magenta dye off my hands with it. And it leaves my hands soft, not dry.

I am NOT a commercial soap maker. I only make this for myself and my friends.

Pam
soap.jpg

This is really lovely, thanks for posting! I like your molds. I saw the photo first and wondered if you used red palm oil -- and you did! Even at 5%, I get a old-school Dial soap shade. Very nice and welcome back.

the abrasive grit is Sodium PreCarbonate. Basically the active ingredient in oxy clean. Combined with water it converts to hydrogen peroxide, which helps lift stains. It works better than Lava soap IMO. I've gotten everything but magenta dye off my hands with it. And it leaves my hands soft, not dry.
AWESOME!

Its finicky. My first few batches when I was figuring it out foamed up while curing. You have to hand mix it in slowly and cure it in small molds, not blocks.
ETA: If you don't mind sharing, for dry ingredients, I usually add 1 tsp - 1 Tbls PPO. It would be great to know how much you added?

Thanks.gif

Last edited:
Gorgeous! I too, had no idea you could add oxy clean and might have to add that to my never ending to do list. The RPO gave your soap such a great color!

Latest posts

Back