attempt at labeling and simple packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northland Naturals

Reaction score
here are three of my soaps with labeling and packaging. i don't sell yet because i'm still learning so many different methods. on my second batch of liquid soap and next i'll try HP. here are the three i've got done so far. takes so long to design the labels...

apologies for the large images

soapstack1.jpg

soapstack2.jpg

OMHwithlabel.jpg

whiteteawithlabel.jpg

cocolimewithlabel.jpg

any feedback is welcome. thank you for looking!

oh, and these are just snapshots from my iphone. my wife is a photographer so hopefully at some point i'll convince her to help me get some better shots.

I think they look fantastic. They're easy to read, colorful to catch the eye and I like how the graphics match the scent. I think it all looks very professional. You did a great job on these labels. :D

Very nice, but a weights and measure suggestion here. Only put the lower amount (4 oz). I don't know if you wholesale but the dept. of weights and measures will not fine if you are over 4oz but will if you're under the 5 oz. They're kinda picky. Then again you may never see them, but we did at our convenient store and they checked all non commercially made items.

calico21 said:
Very nice, but a weights and measure suggestion here. Only put the lower amount (4 oz). I don't know if you wholesale but the dept. of weights and measures will not fine if you are over 4oz but will if you're under the 5 oz. They're kinda picky. Then again you may never see them, but we did at our convenient store and they checked all non commercially made items.
I think I missed something here. I don't understand about the DWM fining you if your over 4oz., but will if your under 5....
Jerry S

calico21 said:

good suggestion! thanks for the input. whenever i decide to move forward to sale (still a ways off), i will definitely keep that in mind.

Jerry S said:
calico21 said:
I think I missed something here. I don't understand about the DWM fining you if your over 4oz., but will if your under 5....
Jerry S
being a bit over the weight you list benefits the consumer in thier opinion, not having as much as you say is in it is looked at as fraudulent.
I am sure the OP is wanting to be as close as she can on her labels so people know what theyre getting. Hence the 4oz-5oz because each bar does not weigh exactly the same, but if a bar weighs a bit over 4oz no one will complain. Not even the government dudes :)

labeling...

Ok...I see what you mean now. I just thought that by putting 4 to 5 oz. (4-5) was clear enough to the consumer and the BWM's that the bar weight was in that range. Oh well, better to be safe than sorry....
By the way, you did a very nice job on those labels and I thought they were just fine. Good luck selling your soap....
Jerry S

Back